Where to purchase a large tank online?

slinger

yea i saw the 375 on that auction site EB and was wondering what type of stand would you need and where would you find it? I mean a 375 + rock sand and water has got to weigh a ton at least eh? Thanks for anything anyone can add :D

acrylic51

Build the stand yourself or contact a quality cabinet maker or a contractor.... Would be a super easy project to build a stand

slinger

I am just afraid of the weight and that it has to be near perfect as to not break the tank I hear. I would go with some sort of metal stand and paint it or whatever. Thanks for the info :D

D

dboy999

i just made my stand for my 375 this thing will hold my house..i just snapped a few pics but battery died on cam ill post them later tonight when i get batteries.Let me know if you need ill tell you exactly what you need.

Y

yeffre kix

I just got my 300 gal glass aquarium from glass cages. Not sure if I made the right decission with glass. I hate the way acrylic gets scratched so easy, but this tank weighs a ton! It took 6 movers to set it up in my home cost about $600 for the delivery. Now I want to take it off the stand to do some work and have no clue how to move it. I think acrylic might have been a better idea now. If your in your own home I've heard you can have a custom tank built on site. Just dont plan on moving it. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Yeffre Kix
I just got my 300 gal glass aquarium from glass cages. Not sure if I made the right decission with glass. I hate the way acrylic gets scratched so easy, but this tank weighs a ton! It took 6 movers to set it up in my home cost about $600 for the delivery. Now I want to take it off the stand to do some work and have no clue how to move it. I think acrylic might have been a better idea now. If your in your own home I've heard you can have a custom tank built on site. Just dont plan on moving it. Good luck.
ooops!
i went with acrylic due to 2 issues. weight and breakage factor. and that was before i had many boys running around the house breaking stuff. my next tank will also be acrylic and larger.

now i must pay homage to the wife who deals with all breakage of fragile things at home while i am at work.
:cheer:

acrylic51

Weight is an issue, but you teach the little ones from early on to leave certain things alone.... Some things are just off limits and not allowed... I have 2 little ones as well!!!!!

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Yeffre Kix
Round up your best friends and offer pizza and all the beer they can drink, and get them to move the tank.... They don't have to be huge guys by any means to move it... Trust me I know first hand.....But don't let them drink till the work is done!!!!!

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Weight is an issue, but you teach the little ones from early on to leave certain things alone.... Some things are just off limits and not allowed... I have 2 little ones as well!!!!!
weeellll. i'd like to break out a can of whoop___ every time they break something
but sometimes it's kinda hard. i do the major meltdown when they break something :scared:
since last summer. 1 bmw 740 rear window, 2 windows at house. the culprits? car window 4y.o. 1 house window 2.5 y.o. 1 house window 4 y.o. who was told by 13 y.o. brother (while mad)"go ahead throw the rock at me.." and did not catch rock. 13 y.o. took major heat and screams
when i got home from work the next day.
if i had seen 4 yo throw rock at car window, i'd probably be a resident of the CA. Dept of Corrections. i'm glad i'm at work when most of the stuff happens. :mad:
rock throwing is occuring less now. a few extra swats to the hind section
always brings out the "daaa get mad if i do this..." thought process.