wheres al gore hidding?

deejeff442

funny this idiot wins a prize for global warming and D.C. gets record snow and today here in fort worth 8 inches of snow the most snow in one day in over 40 yrs.since all this cold weather al gore hasnt been seen.like wheres waldo.
all i did today was keep getting calls at the firehall to go to accidents and put out electric fires because the snow kept pushing trees onto powerlines.
global warming ?what a crock.

slf125

because, whats happening right now must be the only thing thats happened ever, ask any infant, i.e peakaboologist.

bionicarm

'Global warming' doesn't necessarily mean that we should expect hotter temperatures year round. Some say if there is global warming, then the winters should be milder. However, we're in an El Niño weather pattern this year. More rain and wet weather than other years. Mix that with the Artic air dropping further down to the South than in previous years, and you get snow where you haven't seen it in quite some time. But, some scientist say that higher global temperatures might be increasing evaporation from land and adding moisture to the air, thus intensifying the storms and floods associated with El Niño. Might be why we're getting these storms that are dropping 20" - 30" of snow in certain parts of the country this year. You want to chastise Gore for his global warming statements. All he did was bring the theories to the forefront. Want to blame someone, blame the climatologists and scientists that provided him the data for his claims.

shwstpr88

The earth has natural cycles. There will be another ice age the climate models will shift thats NORMAL!!!!
Al Gore is also the guy who created the internet as well as wanting to get rid of street lights all together.

deejeff442

if al gore wants to come out and spread this propaganda and take a prize just like bush getting the blame for the economy he needs to come out and explain it himself.funny i thought the arctic was melting ?due to global warming so how can it be a cold arctic front?
between al gore and the obama nation they are trying to pass all this green tech to save the planet from global warming and it seems to me that recent records show colder temp throughout most of the world.
all the data that has coming out to prove global warming is man made most of the figures have been made up or tampered with.
maybe these politicians need to do more homework and make sure the data is right.
kinda like the great intelligence bush got on the weapons of mass destruction never found in iraq.now bush looks like a fool for believing it.

reefraff

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3227643
'Global warming' doesn't necessarily mean that we should expect hotter temperatures year round. Some say if there is global warming, then the winters should be milder. However, we're in an El Niño weather pattern this year. More rain and wet weather than other years. Mix that with the Artic air dropping further down to the South than in previous years, and you get snow where you haven't seen it in quite some time. But, some scientist say that higher global temperatures might be increasing evaporation from land and adding moisture to the air, thus intensifying the storms and floods associated with El Niño. Might be why we're getting these storms that are dropping 20" - 30" of snow in certain parts of the country this year. You want to chastise Gore for his global warming statements. All he did was bring the theories to the forefront. Want to blame someone, blame the climatologists and scientists that provided him the data for his claims.
Well to be perfectly fair a good number of the climatologists say Algore is full of crap with some of his claims so he is a hypocrite and a liar

If you follow the warmist theory the whole norther hemisphere should experience the same type of weather anomalies which I don't believe has been the case. I know it hasn't been around here and up in Canada so I would say the el nino theory makes the most sense. But one thing that I find odd. I have heard about the Nino since I was a kid when we were having wet winters in parts of the country but I honestly haven't heard it mentioned this year. If you are correct about that why no mention of that and instead people trying to explain why this could all be caused by global warming? Hmmmm.

bionicarm

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3227726
Well to be perfectly fair a good number of the climatologists say Algore is full of crap with some of his claims so he is a hypocrite and a liar

If you follow the warmist theory the whole norther hemisphere should experience the same type of weather anomalies which I don't believe has been the case. I know it hasn't been around here and up in Canada so I would say the el nino theory makes the most sense. But one thing that I find odd. I have heard about the Nino since I was a kid when we were having wet winters in parts of the country but I honestly haven't heard it mentioned this year. If you are correct about that why no mention of that and instead people trying to explain why this could all be caused by global warming? Hmmmm.
The weathercasters here in SA talk about it all the time. We had an 8 month drought last year, and this year, we're gaining it all back. I know when it's an El Nino year by looking at the snowfall at the New Mexico ski resorts. A non El Nino year, they babrely get enough snow to keep the places open. This year, Ruidoso, Taos, and Angel Fire all have pretty good snowfall coverages to keep most of their runs open.

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/3227784
The weathercasters here in SA talk about it all the time. We had an 8 month drought last year, and this year, we're gaining it all back. I know when it's an El Nino year by looking at the snowfall at the New Mexico ski resorts. A non El Nino year, they babrely get enough snow to keep the places open. This year, Ruidoso, Taos, and Angel Fire all have pretty good snowfall coverages to keep most of their runs open.
Weren't you just saying your drought was caused by climate change during the summer. Yet now you have a bunch of moisture.....
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/02/1...zen-wasteland/

bionicarm

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3227786
Weren't you just saying your drought was caused by climate change during the summer. Yet now you have a bunch of moisture.....
http://hotair.com/archives/2010/02/1...zen-wasteland/

I believe last year we had a La Nina, which is the opposite of an El Nino. La Nina's keep High Pressure systems hanging over the top of you for extended periods of time. Our weatherman uses the term 'High Means Dry'.

fishtaco

Gore is sitting in his mansion thinking of the ways to spend his millions he has made off this stuff. I don't care for all the monkey business that surrounds the global change on both sides and believe we should do everything within reason to take care of the planet for future generations. Man can make profound changes to the planet through his actions, anyone beside me remember the "Dust Bowl" that happened in the midwest.
Fishtaco

reefraff

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/3227740
I think he is referring to the major media...like during the 90's, El Nino was a household name it was mentioned so much in the news. Now...well....as you can see by your links...
Zactly

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3227784
Yeah, our drought broke last year but other than an early snowfall in October our winter hasn't been unusual. Judging by the rainfall Cal has been getting I am betting El Nino has more to do with the crazy snow fall, like I said though, nobody seems to want to mention that, at least the mainstream media.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3227812
Gore is sitting in his mansion thinking of the ways to spend his millions he has made off this stuff. I don't care for all the monkey business that surrounds the global change on both sides and believe we should do everything within reason to take care of the planet for future generations. Man can make profound changes to the planet through his actions, anyone beside me remember the "Dust Bowl" that happened in the midwest.
Fishtaco
We need to look at ways to curtail CO2, but not at the expense of our way of life and not because of warming. There is doubt about that but there is no doubt about what effect elevated CO2 levels have on the PH of saltwater. I just think a little more common sense is needed in how we go about this. Cap and trade is a friggin joke. Allowing a pay to pollute policy isn't the solution.