Which is better?

geridoc

Without even knowing about your other stock, there are concerns. The panther will grow large, which means large tank and large tankmates. The maroon clown could well be considered an expensive lunch for the grouper. I vote for the foxface and the maroon clown.

bang guy

What size tank, what are your other fish? The Grouper (any Grouper) is going to limit what fish you can have in the future. Not many hobby compatible fish can survive long with a foot long carnivore.

reefr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/393164/which-is-better#post_3495586
What size tank, what are your other fish? The Grouper (any Grouper) is going to limit what fish you can have in the future. Not many hobby compatible fish can survive long with a foot long carnivore.
thy get 27" if given proper care!

geridoc

Many years ago I had to abandon a panther to a local zoo when I moved out of town. Two years later I was back to visit. The zoo was feeding the fish whole adult rats - so you can count on needing some large tankmates for this fish.

My tank is about 200 gallons that I just setup 5 months ago and I have nothing in it yet. So I was just wondering. But thank you for answering

spottedpuff3r

Yeah, Go with the Clowns and Foxfaces, But with a 125 I would add schools of certain fish and some bottom dwellers like Mandarin Goby's... :p

2tangcrazy

Congrats on the" it's been up and nothing in it yet." So hard to take it slow . Maroon Clown is one of the meanest of the clown fish. Make a list of all the fish you want. Then you can put them in according to the aggressive nature. Anything timid you want in first. Both Foxface and Clown are good hearty fish. Good luck!