Which one will you use????

2quills

Correct u.v. is not visible to the human eye. What would be a poorly chosen combo IYO that would cause that effect to be lost? Corals flouresce like that for their protection against u.v....no?

wangotango

Anything too white would make stuff look washed out (like a photo thats white balance is way off).
Yes. Then again playing with nutrients/using amino acids/zeovit, etc can produce some crazy colors as well. There is more to coral coloration than just lighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///forum/thread/381723/which-one-will-you-use/20#post_3326943
What would be a poorly chosen combo IYO that would cause that effect to be lost? Corals flouresce like that for their protection against u.v....no?

2quills

I seek the best of both worlds. I really do believe that LED's can still be the best way to go. I'm trying to stear clear of flourescents and MH. Just a matter of finding what works best before the build process begins. I have an empty 29G sitting around...perhaps I'll start small and try some different colors and configurations on a more modest scale and see what happens.