Which tang?

tangy1

Hi all,
We're slowly stocking a 75 gal tank. So far we have 2 small clowns, and a bi color blenny. We think our next addition is going to be a tang, but we're not sure which one.:notsure: I've read about the "tang police" and I don't want anyone coming to get me.
We were thinking a purple, but we've seen conflicting opinions. We like alot of the tangs, but we do not want the yellow, blue hippo, or convict. So I guess my question is what tang will be happy in our 75? Thanks in advance.
-Tangy

fishman622

tangs i think need 100 gallons or more to be happy, but if you really wnat a tang i would go with a yellow tang in a 75g

lutz493

Kole Tang
Chevron Tang (Expensive)
Purple Tang (Probably needs to be last addition so you won't wanna get him now)
Mimic Tang
Scopas Tang

tangy1

:notsure: So there's one for purple one against. I'm still not sure. If we could have the purple, why should he be added last? The chevron is beautiful! But, he might be just a little too expensive.

surf23

you should add him last because tangs can be aggressive and mean towards new tank mates so if they are added last they tend to be much less aggressive.

logan15

Im going to do a small hippo and purple tang and in about 6-7months im going to a 135-180 gallon the 75 is their grow out tank :)

logan15

Originally posted by Lutz493
Kole Tang
Chevron Tang (Expensive)
Purple Tang (Probably needs to be last addition so you won't wanna get him now)
Mimic Tang
Scopas Tang

I agree those are your choices and any ONE of those would be fine :)

poprfd

Sailfin tang would be nice but for a 75 i dont think it would like it your best bet kole tang, i just put a red sea sailfin in my 98
a little blurry sorry

tangy1

Wow,
leave the computer for a little while, and boom...all these replies. Thank you all for you replies. We still have some researching to do before we choose which one. Thanks again. We will let you know what we get and share pics:)