white round things in tank

drsteve2001

I recently noticed these white round disc thing on my LR and glass. They are round and stacked? Are they ok or should i get them out. I will try and get a pic

drsteve2001

Originally Posted by bigarn
http:///forum/post/3268374
Sounds like Spirobid worms ... they are harmless.
Nope those don't look the same...these are attached seperatly to the lr and glass..and they look like pumkin seeds but alittle bigger and stacked

handbanana

Sorry for the previous remark,
Is it a bug? legs and such?
Maybe a Chiton? or one of those weird half shelled snails?

speg

the description you've given is really confusing.. stacked pumpkin seeds...lol hmmmmmm not tryin to be a jerk... no chance of getting a pic of them?
They're actually on the glass? ....

I have something similair but mine arent stacked or whatever and mine look like sesame seeds. Only reason i noticed is cause i moved some stuff around. I think they are snail eggs or something does that sound right?

handbanana

Ohhh. I thought they meant that they were the size of sunflower seeds....
I have snail eggs in my tank. white cluster that DO look like sesame seeds. attached to a slime stuff. mine are in a string tho.

cranberry

Soory.... I didn't realize I said eggs and left it at that. Could be whelk eggs. Some conchs also lay eggs like that.

jchase1970

wow those are some big eggs. I can rule out nassarious snails as I have those eggs in my tank and even have little babies now that the snails found a place to lay eggs so the fish dont eat them.