White spots

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It could be lymphocystis. This fish looks in rough shape. Is he being harassed, or is he ill?

Buzzard

Their is 0 ammonia. I tested it two days go. If your looking at that white in the reef that is the camera. He has two white flakes, one on his fin and where the fin touches the body.

Buzzard

Well I thank you for the pictures, but I 'm not sure what to do, their are 2 white flakes on him............I'm lost.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The idea is to first try to ID what you have. I suggested lymphocystis, which those pics were examples of. If you can confirm that those pictures look like that, then we can diagnose and treat. Or, maybe you can give us a clearer picture?

Buzzard

Ok, this morning I'm going to a pet shop that sells saltwater fish, I will try and get better pictures this morning. You have been a great help and I'm sure we will figure it out.

Buzzard

The idea is to first try to ID what you have. I suggested lymphocystis, which those pics were examples of. If you can confirm that those pictures look like that, then we can diagnose and treat. Or, maybe you can give us a clearer picture?
Good morning again, see if this picture is better, the white flake on his fin.

Attachments

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You smash the garlic. I'd recommend using a glass plate. Once you have some juice, soak up some meaty food in the mix, and then quickly feed the fish. You want to be quick to use the garlic juice since fresh garlic has a natural antibiotic which may be beneficial in this situation. You can also use either zoecon or selcon supplements which is good for lympo.

Buzzard

You smash the garlic. I'd recommend using a glass plate. Once you have some juice, soak up some meaty food in the mix, and then quickly feed the fish. You want to be quick to use the garlic juice since fresh garlic has a natural antibiotic which may be beneficial in this situation. You can also use either zoecon or selcon supplements which is good for lympo.
Thankyou so much, you have been very helpful, haveto go to the grocery store tomorrow.