Who has a Anemone in Reef tank?

T

thomas712

I have way too many BTA's to even count them accurately, almost time to purge the tank again. I do seem to remember at least one coral that they either damaged or killed but now I'm not sure what it was. I think it might have been an acropora.
Thomas

heatheryjoy

I don't have an anemone in my reef tank but I have a reef in my anemone tank
I have a big BTA right in the middle of my tank and I'm just starting to add corals. He did sting my Kenya tree once because I had it too close and it has not been right since, still alive but kinda pitiful. Now that we went to a larger tank I have things more spread out.

heatheryjoy

Thankyou! My clowns are aquacultured Perculas. They won't go near my anemone though! My bangaii cardinal likes to hover right near it though...go figure??

pafishkiller

I Have a large carpet in my 92 corner and my cleaner shrimp allways steals food off of it. I did lose a couple of chromis and a healthy mandarin
. Thats about all I lost in over a month. When ever I try to feed it it allways lets the food go. You can see my Perc loves it though you can see her nose at the top fold.

lexluethar

Carpets are harder to maintain. I would like to now add that having an anemone in a reef aquarium successfully really depends on the size of the tank, size of the anemone, and amount of corals you do have. I have a BTA in my 30 gallon, only three days after adding new corals i am struggling in moving stuff around to ensure they don't get stung by my bta.

andy thmei

Well I have a 55 right now that's what I started with, it's been running a little over a yr. now. Im in the process of getting a 90 gallon, does anyone have any suggestions on transfering everything over. I have crush coral and about 70lbs of live rock, anenomes, hard and soft corals. Also want to switch over to live sand, i think it would be much better.

Originally Posted by PAfishkiller
http:///forum/post/2559891
I Have a large carpet in my 92 corner and my cleaner shrimp allways steals food off of it. I did lose a couple of chromis and a healthy mandarin
. Thats about all I lost in over a month. When ever I try to feed it it allways lets the food go. You can see my Perc loves it though you can see her nose at the top fold.
Sorry to chime in so much later, but that thing is huge!!! Any ideas on how old it is? I would love to get a carpet anemone as they are so fascinating, but all the horror stories about them, plus seeing that picture, puts me back to reality.

vampofvegas

I have a LTA in my 30 gal with no issuses. He dug him a nice hole underneath a large rock (if he wants to he can retract himself under the rock completely) and he never moves so I have no worries. The closest thing to him is a Feather Duster... which is easly movable.
I did have a BTA at one point and the dumb ass was all over the tank, so I bet he could have hit some corals.. but he just slummed on a few rocks on one side of the tank until he finally killed himself..

greg9871

i wouldnt consider my tank a reef tank but it does have a couple zoo's in it and i have 2 bta's and neither have touched any of them, but one of them did kill my little clown, but for punishment he got to close to a powerhead that didnt have a sponge thing on it and lost a tenticle or two, but hes doing fine and wont move to that side of the tank anymore.