Who has forgotten and overfilled the bucket w/ RO water?

garnet13aj

I set an alarm now, because one time when i forgot my sister woke up in the middle of the night, stepped in it, and ended up cleaning it up by herself. I felt really bad!

tebriel

I have now, no less than 5 times, left the water running when I went to work while filling up a 5 gallon bucket with my 40gpd system. The real kicker is I'm on the top floor and so my downstairs neighbor's computer room gets my very nice ro/di water down its wall. Neither my landlord nor my neighbor are amused...I purchased a 30ish gallon trashcan, use timers on my cell phone, and am waiting for my float valve to arrive in the mail...I can't let this happen again lol.

jkcrumb

Originally Posted by Kynekke
My R/O comes in tomorrow and this thread has taught me a LOT! There's no sink handy where I'll be filling up and I can't put it outside or it'd freeze. I think I'm going to use one of those $7 plugin timers and just have it auto-shut off after X amount of time.
Does you R/O work off electric???? how would it shut off when the timer goes off ???

chano

I do that every single time i fill up my bucket. After the first time i got a 35g rubbermaid container and i put my bucket in there. I forgot about it for just over 24 hours and no mess. And i have about 30g of RO waiting to be used. If i didn't buy 2x65g hex and a 42bow from Fidel Castro (getting them tommorow
) i would be good with the RO for awhile. I may just put the hose in the tanks and forget about it for another day or two. Now only thing i have to worry about is the GF hounding me about why i don't need 5 tanks. I keep trying to explain it and its quite simple.
2x 65g hex for the living room
1x 55g dart frog tank for living room
1x 29g for the computer room
1x 42bow dartfrog tank for the computer room
Seems pretty obvious to me.
Fortunately she doesnt know about the 150g viv i am looking at for the bedroom. I'm saving that for a suprise.

al mc

I do it all the time.....
, but luckily it is in the basement and does little, if any damage

kynekke

Originally Posted by jkcrumb
Does you R/O work off electric???? how would it shut off when the timer goes off ???

My hubby has an "idea", I left it at that LOL No my r/o isn't electric.