who has what skimmer in what tank?

laredo300c

ok everyone...everybody here is dying to know...what size tank do you have and what skimmer do you use........(if you want you could also put what skimmer you wished you have gotten or should've gotton) thanks your honesty will only help others ...........like myself who is looking for a skimmer

earlybird

Coralife Super Skimmer 65 in a 29g. Works great and is pretty quiet. I'm over skimming which I like since it's rated for 65 gallons.

reefforbrains

I run a polished turd.
Customized Sea Cone 100
They have a horrible rep and everyone loves to bash them more than ***** itself, but this one has faithfully worked like a champ on who knows how many tanks over the years. Yep it even the OLD model.......
Its awesome, certainly not the 1st choice nowadays compared to the market but it works great
I have a monster custom skimmer for the new tank but it pulls too much for the little 65g so I run the chopped clone.

laredo300c

all very good information...i myself run a seaclone150 in my 55g ...so far so good...going on 8 months and very simple to use....adjusting is maybe 10 or 15 seconds every other day...

tx reef

Originally Posted by laredo300c
all very good information...i myself run a seaclone150 in my 55g ...so far so good...going on 8 months and very simple to use....adjusting is maybe 10 or 15 seconds every other day...

My ETSS Reef Devil took about 2 min. to adjust and never has to be touched again......

scsinet

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
They have a horrible rep and everyone loves to bash them more than ***** itself, but this one has faithfully worked like a champ on who knows how many tanks over the years.

Did someone say *****? Let's start a thread bashing them!

sar·casm /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ [sahr-kaz-uhm] –noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
In other words, I'm not serious, please don't. Please.

I run a custom made Beckett on my FOWLR that's about a 75g and a RAM on my 55. Both suck. I'm researching skimmers for my 180g reef project though. I don't want to have to dedicate a large pump to it, so I'm thinking either Euro-Reef or Deltec recirculating.

moonracer0

Cyclone BAK-PAK™ 2 Bio-Filter. This took about 2-3 minutes to set up. I've had it for about 8 months and it works great!

dapak83

Just got my coralife super skimmer 65 for my 55.. i will set it up tonight and lets c how it goes! herd good things

hifi

I run a Precision Marine bullet 3 on my 230g. I've had it for close to a year & love it. Its ratted for 400g & this thing is crazy its not a toy. I considered a Euro Reef, ASM, Berlin & some others but I got the PM, not really sure what made me buy this one but Im happy. One draw back is there power demand but I think its worth it for the skimming power. The price of the skimmer & a good pump to match it can be really pricy!