who here has been ripped off?

blackjacktang

Who. Well as for me here is a list
A 3g pico: I got it for $90, it sells for $50. $40 rip off!
Small Buble Tip anenome: I got it for $80. Sellf for around $30. $50 rip off!
Flame angel fish: They sell it for $90. Worth $30-40. $50 rip off!
Small blue tang: I got ot for $50. Worth $20-30. 20-30$ rip off!
Total rip off: $170 rip off! The stuff in blue is stuff I bought. Black is stuff they had
for sale.

sepulatian

I don't really know who you are talking about here, and if it is another site then please don't say the name, but if you know what these items sell for then why did you pay a higher price?

locoyo386

I do not think "rip off" is the correct word to use here.
When someone buys something for more that what it is worth, I think they are willing to pay the higher price. When they pay the higher price before they know how much it is worth, than they are simply not wiling to look it up before they buy it.
TO ME someone that got "riped off" is someone (buyer) who needs something and knows exactly how much it is worth, and the seller knows he is the only one that can sell it to him (at the time) and takes advantage by selling it at a much much higher price. This is a "rip off".

alix2.0

uh, i dont get ripped off because i research before i buy. actually, i usually get stuff a lot cheaper that what you'd normally pay.
by the way, im just wondering... why do you seem like youre proud of getting "ripped off"?

blackjacktang

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2923422
uh, i dont get ripped off because i research before i buy. actually, i usually get stuff a lot cheaper that what you'd normally pay.
by the way, im just wondering... why do you seem like youre proud of getting "ripped off"?
Really? It sound like that? Hmm. This is all from when I was new from the hobby. That store closed down.
And Sep. Im talking about my LFS.

gmann1139

Oh, if we're LFS ripping:
$4 each for a dozen red leg hermits, maybe 6 of which have made it 4 months.

john,jr

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2923347
I don't really know who you are talking about here, and if it is another site then please don't say the name, but if you know what these items sell for then why did you pay a higher price?

ditto

deejeff442

for what i pay in taxes and see next to nothing for it that is a rip off
nasa waste of my money ,military underfunded .
things the govt. speny my money on and i have no say is a rip off
buying willingly is not a rip off.
taxes mandatory

drakken

I paid $4 for a "cleaner clam" then realized it was only a little neck clam that I can buy live from the supermarket for $.40 each.
So for the price of one "cleaner clam" I could have 1 in the tank and steam the rest. Yum!

bang guy

I traded Stomper (My Mantis) for some Nepthia. The deal was for me to send stomper in a cooler, the person would return the cooler with the Nepthia.
I never heard back from them.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2924081
I traded Stomper (My Mantis) for some Nepthia. The deal was for me to send stomper in a cooler, the person would return the cooler with the Nepthia.
I never heard back from them.
That's what's considered a ripoff. Paying too high of a price for an item is lack of research or willingness to pay more than the going rate.