Who Here Has R/C's

squidd

I like the Picos..(electric) they are fun to fly indoors...
I have a couple of the Lite Machines 100s tricked out (as much as they can be) being a fixed pitch/gyro machine...Lotta fun blasting around the back yard...
Of the two I have pictured above, the Schwiezer 300 is a nice semi scale "show" machine for playing around, but for the ultimate 3D thrill, I like blasting around with the Hurricane 3D Pro....
I can do nose in, backwards, rolls, and flips...some inverted hovering (not much "flight" other than single direction extended rolls) and 9 out of 10 autos...

R

ramsey

You need to got to ultimate r/c they have alot of rock crawlers but you just got to find them

R

ramsey

Kool it looks like the Koysho's car but only taller.
Does anyone have the Hobbico Nexstar or no any one has one cause Iam looking to try nitro planes and Iam looking for the pros and cons about that plane

rnk9394

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Kool it looks like the Koysho's car but only taller.
Does anyone have the Hobbico Nexstar or no any one has one cause Iam looking to try nitro planes and Iam looking for the pros and cons about that plane

Hello Ramsey
I assume you are looking at the ARF version. Is this your first plane? If it is, it has a lot of nice features but you will not use them if this is your first plane. High-wing trainer planes really do almost fly themselves unless you panic or have an equipment malfunction. I believe the Nexstar has a foam wing(i think), I like balsa and plywood contructed wings. They seem more durable and easily to fix when small repairs are needed.
The Nexstar is a heavy plane for a trainer which in turn means higher wing loading. That makes it easier to stall and harder to fly.
My first plane was the Sig LT40 ARF and couldn't have been happier. Full wood plane, great plans and instructions and easy to fly for the beginer. Also it came with alot of the accessories that other trainers did not have included. I believe the Sig LT40's kit price is a little higher but when you factor in all costs for accessories and such its basically the same price.
Bottom line, IMO I would stick with Sig or Great Planes brands for your first planes. They are just easier to build and fly.
Let my know if you have any questions
Rick

nas19320

R/C flyer here, mostly into the 3D flying. I started on an Avistar which is a great starter plane. With the semi-symetrical air foil it allows for some basic aerobatics later on. It's an expensive hobby though.

R

ramsey

I was talking about the RTF Nextstar
But what do you think of the Tower Hobbies MK2 trainer RTF

bkolfo4

T-Maxx for me. Second one; was cheaper to sell my .15 T-Maxx on ---- and buy a whole new 2.5 model.
Brian

nas19320

Originally Posted by Ramsey
What type of bi plane is that
Great planes super stearman with a G-26 gas engine.

R

ramsey

Hey Nas and fellow r/c'ers. The Hanger 9 P-51 PTS is a go. This plane is very good all you really need to do is take off the air brakes on the landing gear. But over all shes a good flyer.

R

ramsey

THe xmods are ok but there lucnh for my E-MAXX. My cuz had one drove it right out in front of me and crunch