Who Likes Blennies????

wigle36

I have a scooter blennie, he is active little fish. He gotten more colorful
so I think hes a male.

I want a Scooter and a Lawnmower, but, what do you feed them? My tank is fairly new, only had it about 3 mo. I love these little fishies! So, what to feed... if I get these two? Thanks!

swfishfan

Originally Posted by findingnemo2
I want a Scooter and a Lawnmower, but, what do you feed them? My tank is fairly new, only had it about 3 mo. I love these little fishies! So, what to feed... if I get these two? Thanks!
i dont have any expierence witht eh scooter but i had a lawnmower blenny and he ate all my algea off my glass and rocks especially hair algea and once he depleted that i added a small sheet of sea weed strips every 5 days...

earlybird

Originally Posted by SWFISHFAN
i dont have any expierence witht eh scooter but i had a lawnmower blenny and he ate all my algea off my glass and rocks especially hair algea and once he depleted that i added a small sheet of sea weed strips every 5 days...

Did he continue to graze or wait to be fed?

wigle36

Scooter blennies eat micro-fauna. Copepods and other little critters. I had to start a refugium on my tank so that the pods grow and then go into the tank. I also feed black worms and some frozen mysid shrimp and brine shrimp.
I was lucky mine eats frozen. I have heard that some don't like the frozen.
Also you need a older tank with lots of live rock. More rocks the more places for the pods to hide and breed.

dragonzim

My Lawnmower Blenny is hands down my favorite fish! Tons of personality and does a great job keeping the tank clean.

estein02

Originally Posted by DragonZim
My Lawnmower Blenny is hands down my favorite fish! Tons of personality and does a great job keeping the tank clean.
I would have to agree. The LMB was my first saltwater fish and it is pretty cool. Was a little aggressive towards my goby when first added but leaves it alone now. It eats everything and dances around the tank.

coatej01

I have a scotter, a lawnmower, and a pink/blue watchman goby and my favorite is definetly the lawnmower. The lawnmower is in visible sight at all times and perches on rock all the time. He just has tons of personality and I love to death.

nate487

Well i just wanted to jump in and say i do like the blennies i have a scooter and lawnmower, theyre very intresting animals.

A

azul1994

I've always wanted a lawnmower blenny but my tank is at its stock limit.

hey Kevin34, i have a midas blenny,(Ecsenius midas) i believe there pretty friendly, i have two and one of them is friendly, the other one was a friend's that i believed it was harassed and its mean.
the one that i have in the 280 is the friendly one, i don't have a pic of the other, its in my 144 half circle.

these guys have a nice personality,and loves too hang out his hole.

alex4286

i looove my Midas Blenny
TONES of personality and really cool to watch
he also spends a lot of time finding a good hole to call "home" where he runs to when the lights go out, something startles him, or time to sleep.
sry no pics.. im at work