Who Wields The Most Power?

bang guy

I voted Citizens but I don't believe the citizens are effectively using their powers. Government no longer fears it's citizens and that is a shame. This allows Big Business to overpower the citizens. Apathy is beginning to take it's toll on our way of life.

m0nk

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2549814
I voted Citizens but I don't believe the citizens are effectively using their powers. Government no longer fears it's citizens and that is a shame. This allows Big Business to overpower the citizens. Apathy is beginning to take it's toll on our way of life.

I actually voted Big Business, but was thinking along these same lines.

salty blues

The citizens have power, they just don't use it. And that has led to losing some rights. I mean look at the "war on drugs". This ill advised exercise in paranoia is a great example where rights have been taken away and we are letting it roll right over all of us.

jmick

With out a doubt special interest groups/lobbiests control our government and will continue to as long as they are in the pockets of our government.

michaeltx

now see I would say the citizens a few years ago but with current conditions in the country I am afraid to say its big buisness and if the citizens would want to take back the goverment and power it would be hard if it could be.
especially when you look at who owns the debt of the US now.
Mike

mgatdog

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2549814
YOU SAID IT ALL, + who has the biggest wallet.

tj51

As far as I'm concerned, the most power in the US? My wife........she's the first link in my chain-of-command so I can't look past that

maeistero

big business owns all the power in the US right now. as much as we have done to spread democracy and capitalism across the world we have effectively screwed ourselves. the world took our advice and now sells us everything; we produce little to nothing. sure the voting right could change policy and we could become strong again, but how?
i was notified that i am not eligible to vote in primary elections because i won't declare republican or democrat. that's the government telling me that i only have one vote for one of two people? i think maybe we need a strong push for more parties by a billionaire. not something like perot, but a real person with great advisors.

reefraff

Government because lazy citizens allow it to happen. Big business only has control over what the politicians and bueacrats want to give them. The idea that elected politicians are the toadies of the mean ol corporations is rediculous. They play the tunes that earn them the most money but when push comes to shove they have no problem throwing their benefactors under the bus. Enron, worldcom, Tyco sound familiar?

ruaround

the government is the oly one that can actually "wield" power and the other two influence how the power is "wield"ed... but if any of the three dislays more power than the other then the harmonious cycle that is capitlism would fail...

socal57che

Who is big business. If you work in an assembly line for an auto manufacturer are you part of that entity, or not? People try to distance themselves from big business like it is some sort of monster. We are that monster. We as citizens have surrendered our rights and priveleges to government. Soon federal, state and local government will employ more people than the private sector. I call it "back door communism" and it is growing at an alarming rate with more and more programs to make citizens dependent on the government. We need to get busy shrinking our government back to a manageable size.

bang guy

Originally Posted by maeistero
http:///forum/post/2549977
i was notified that i am not eligible to vote in primary elections because i won't declare republican or democrat. that's the government telling me that i only have one vote for one of two people? i think maybe we need a strong push for more parties by a billionaire. not something like perot, but a real person with great advisors.

If you're not registered Republican or Demodrat then which other parties primary were you going to vote in?

socal57che

i was notified that i am not eligible to vote in primary elections because i won't declare republican or democrat. that's the government telling me that i only have one vote for one of two people?
This is to keep people in the other party from voting for the candidate most likely to lose to theirs. It's the best possible way to keep people from cheating.

reefraff

big business owns all the power in the US right now. as much as we have done to spread democracy and capitalism across the world we have effectively screwed ourselves. the world took our advice and now sells us everything; we produce little to nothing. sure the voting right could change policy and we could become strong again, but how?

When I lived in MT it was open registration, you didn't have to delare a party which I like. You show up for the primary and just have to say whether you want a D or R ballot. Now that I am in Colorado I am registered as an independant so I cant vote in a primary.