Whose pets love their tank?

crazyzeus1

Our Jack Russel, Buddy, caught his first glimpse of the fish tank this morning & he went NUTS!!!! Here's my hubby holding him while Buddy watched our Foxface & Chromis taunt him. Ha!

bonebrake

That is really cute!
Our cat loves our new tank and all that is in it is water for a leak test and some chunks of debris and dust floating around! I cannot wait to see what she does when we finally get fish in it!

ifusayso

I have a cockatiel who hates it. Actually she's just jealous, b/c I spend so much time with the tank. When we first started it over a year ago, she wanted out of her cage so I let her. She flew straight to the tank and fell in the water, then she jumped onto the center brace. It was a matter of seconds but it was pretty funny later, once I knew everyone was ok. The bird's pride was hurt that's all. Now she just stares at it, can't imagine what she must be thinking.

devildog01

How'd ya know? I thought I would try to trick ya'll...but it obviouslyt didnt work. So much for the "devil" part of my user name. lol.

bronco300

haha, because i think i remember reading a thread where someone wanted people to guess the size of the tank, and if i remember right, you were in that thread lookin at the profiles, lol....something like that

jer4916

My hymalan kitty absolutly looooooves my tank...she will sit on the floor for hours with me watching it...its cute some times i'll come home and she'll be leaning over the coutch just watching my yellow tang go back and forth....
my kind of kitty!
~Chris

devildog01

Originally Posted by Bronco300
haha, because i think i remember reading a thread where someone wanted people to guess the size of the tank, and if i remember right, you were in that thread lookin at the profiles, lol....something like that

Oh yeah, I remember that thread!!
Also, my pit bull will watch the tank for hours on end some days...

dburr

Oh man, it was a sad day for me, Mama, my cat loved to sit on the end of my couch and stare at the fish, then she would fall asleep right there.
We had to put her down today because of severe heart disease. She was only 6 years old.

She could barely sit up the past couple days.
Anyway, I want to see more pics.

This is Mama.

crazyzeus1

Dburr-I am so sorry for your loss....so many people think pets are JUST pets, but I don't think so! Our pups are like the kids. I was a teacher in the past & had a ton of critters in our classroom...I spent $45 to put down our $4.99 3-year-old class rat once it couldn't walk anymore from old age...
I'll have to take some more pics to post later...but my heart goes out for you tonight!

thegrog

dburr, sorry for your loss.
Our new puppy (about 6 months old now) just discovered my tank the other day. Funny to watch him sit below it just watching for like 10 min. looking then sniffing then more looking. You could tell by the look on his face that he was thinking "boy those are strange looking little dogs.....daddy talks to them just like he talks to me...." I tired to get a pic of it but he saw me and moved. It was really funny though.

golfish

About 20 years ago we bought our first Golden. He walked by the tank for years and never noticed it, then one day he must of saw the fish moving around and "bammm" he was hooked. He'd sit in front of that tank for hours, sometimes barking, sometime whinning.

crazyzeus1

That's like our dog in the picture above! We've had fish for a few months now & the dog is always in my hubby's office. Then the other day....WHAT? what was THAT? and he's hooked now! Too funny...

aquapro_1

I have huskies & an asian cat, he thinks he's a dog. I had to place a table next to the tank to keep the cat, Corey off of it. He spends the day staring at my pup puffer. Actually, my pup spends more time staring at the dogs than they do him....Pup watches intensly on my interactions with the dogs & cat. Even comes behind the ship to watch. He even will sit on the bottom in front of Coey!!
It's cute to see them play. Corey will swat & he moves over or up. Corey will stand up & he come back over & Corey sits. OVER & OVER!!

hoghead

dburr, I know how you are feeling. 3 yrs ago last summer we had to put down our 15 yr old calico Patches, then a little over a year later we had to put down our 15 yr old tabby John. But, before we knew it, we went to the animal shelter and adopted 3 more! I swear, I believe that John and Patches left thier spirits here because I see them in the new cats all the time!
crazyzeus1, when we get our tank up and running next tues., I'll let you know how our cats like it. lol

salsells

This is my Yorkie when I had a 6,000gal koi pond and had to rescure some baby kois from the jaws of their neighbors. Fergie loved those babies, she now loves my saltwater tank. Sold house with kois so had to get her new friends.