why buy frags buy my tank

murph145

ok sounds crazy and im sure ill probably get no takers but if anyone is interested in buying my tank as a complete setup and is local enough to do this let me know.
I am planning on moving within the next few months and to tell you the truth i can take a break from the electric bill and maintenance...
I know i have about $15K into it so if anyone is interested make me some offer

D

dennis210

LMAO, unless of coarse you are considering pennies on the dollar!

crimzy

Originally Posted by murph145
http:///forum/post/2769367
ok sounds crazy and im sure ill probably get no takers but if anyone is interested in buying my tank as a complete setup and is local enough to do this let me know.
I am planning on moving within the next few months and to tell you the truth i can take a break from the electric bill and maintenance...
I know i have about $15K into it so if anyone is interested make me some offer

That sucks that you're getting out murph. You have one of the most amazing tanks on here. I think that you lost your passion when you lost that lion. That thing was incredible. Good luck.

iowafish

This is really sad to read. I -- like countless others -- that really enjoyed looking at your threads and pix over the past few years, Murph. Are you SUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE you can't/don't want to take the tank with you when you move? Besides the obvious monetary investment, you've got countless hours and emotion invested in your tank too.
If selling is what you must do, I agree with SpiderWoman -- sell off in pieces to recover the $$ closest to your investment. If not frags, whole colonies. But then again, this takes time and effort; two things you're probably short on already if you're gearing up for a move.
Still sad to read this...
KH

peef

I can make an offer........I will give yah $250.00???? Yeah? We got a deal?
You never said make a "GOOD" offer!!!!

mr_x

i can't buy the whole tank, but i'd love to take some of those colonies off of your hands.

nwdyr

I don't think you will be hearing a reasonable offer any time soon!
That is a amazing tank!!

murph145

hey thanks everyone for the comments....
yeah i figure it would be hard to get someone to bite at buying the whole tank... id want around $7,500 for it....
I hate parting out cuz its one thing at a time and takes alot of time and energy as mentioned... I just hate my $500 a month electric bills then the extra $100 a month on average for supplies, food and maintenance materials from salt to light bulbs to test kits its just cost way too much money! Thats a car payments and with the rising cost of gas and consumer goods it is just soaking up too much of my disposable income for what I feel its worth to me these days....
I think what I would end up doing is taking the money I raise from this tank and start over with a smaller more manageable cost efficient tank once i get the desire back to take care of one...
Anyways if I decide to part out I will let everyone know...

peef

Dude I bet you could sell that whole tank in a heartbeat if you advertised it locally with pics and everything to a rich neighborhood. If you charged a setup and trans fee you could make even more. Rich people LLOOOOVVVEEE that stuff when it is already looking great and they don't have to wait for growth and cycling and blah blah blah..........If I was a multimillionaire I would drop 7500 in no time flat for that to be in my house. Sorry we are losing your tank here but at least you are going to still be around with something else!