Why does my nano look so lifeless

meowzer

That would be fine....those pads are just floss...right? so alll they are doing is trapping debris...just be sure to keep them rinsed
Where do you have them????
FYI....I buy a bag of quilting batting from Walmart craft department...costs about $5 and lasts for months and months...I just cut it to size....and every few days or so change it out
cheap...YET effective

joshr

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/384647/why-does-my-nano-look-so-lifeless/40#post_3370522
That would be fine....those pads are just floss...right? so alll they are doing is trapping debris...just be sure to keep them rinsed
Where do you have them????
FYI....I buy a bag of quilting batting from Walmart craft department...costs about $5 and lasts for months and months...I just cut it to size....and every few days or so change it out
cheap...YET effective
Yeah they are just floss. And they replaced the sponges in the back so they filter the water before the water goes into the chambers.

1guydude

How goes it josh???? Without flow hows ur water gonna make it to the filters.... i mean better flow is better all around u knows??? Dont forget the CUC. i have like 15 sm hermits, a brittlestar , and one lg hermit in a 36gal. Take everyones advise with a spoon of sugar and apply it to ur tank. Stop dosing ur tank. It is its own eco-system and should support and level out itself. I used a little PH stuff in mine but have stoped because it seems to hold its own now. I read in a book about how u dont know water current till u've actually been SCUBA in the ocean and how strong it is. IDK ill stop rambling now lol.

joshr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/384647/why-does-my-nano-look-so-lifeless/40#post_3370962
How goes it josh???? Without flow hows ur water gonna make it to the filters.... i mean better flow is better all around u knows??? Dont forget the CUC. i have like 15 sm hermits, a brittlestar , and one lg hermit in a 36gal. Take everyones advise with a spoon of sugar and apply it to ur tank. Stop dosing ur tank. It is its own eco-system and should support and level out itself. I used a little PH stuff in mine but have stoped because it seems to hold its own now. I read in a book about how u dont know water current till u've actually been SCUBA in the ocean and how strong it is. IDK ill stop rambling now lol.
WHat kind of CUC would you reccomend? Currently I have 10 blue leggs and 3 snails. I also fixed the issue with the flow, and i stopped putting chems in

1guydude

anything thats a "scavanger" really. Look before u just buy. I have a terriable habit of eyeing and buying. Do research and pick one u like. The brittle star is still new to me but seems to be doing better after getting his leg ends snipped off by a mean hermit. Beware the larger hermits, they will eat anything they can get. Im currently leaning towards a shrimp of some kind.

joshr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/384647/why-does-my-nano-look-so-lifeless/40#post_3370966
anything thats a "scavanger" really. Look before u just buy. I have a terriable habit of eyeing and buying. Do research and pick one u like. The brittle star is still new to me but seems to be doing better after getting his leg ends snipped off by a mean hermit. Beware the larger hermits, they will eat anything they can get. Im currently leaning towards a shrimp of some kind.
O alright, also why the teaspoon of sugar to the tank?

meowzer

IMO you have more then enough hermits.....
nassarius snails are good at sand work....cerith and astrea snails are good for rock and glass as are nerites
LOL...DO NOT ADD SUGAR TO YOUR TANK.....he was j/k and using it as an example

1guydude

lol like take the advise lightly.....i only have one snail, i got it on some LR. Should i get some more meowzer? Will the nassarius behave themselves?