Why Is The Gas Sooo Expensive!!! I Mean, C'mon.......................................

sethw

I AM A NEW DRIVER AND I USUALLY DONT HAVE MORE THAN LIKE A BUCK TO USE FOR GAS EACH DAY, THATS ABOUT IT FOR SCHOOL AND BACK. I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE PRICE OF GAS GETS HIGHER AND HIGHER. WILL IT KEEP ON GOING OR ARE THEY EXPEXTING IT TO COME DOWN. I DONT WATCH NEWS ALMOST AT ALL, EXCEPT TO HEAR ABOUT HURRICANES, SO I DONT HEAR MUCH ABOUT IT. WHATA GOING ON, AND I DRIVE A GAS GUZZLER......I HATE IT :scared:

lion_crazz

Well, your first problem is that you drive a gas guzzler. Prices in my area have been coming down, and my Honda Civic is incredible on gas. I get 35-40 miles per gallon.

lion_crazz

I would love to drive a bike, but I think I would drive way too fast on it. Heck, I drive fast now. I can only imagine if I had a motorcycle.

imurnamine

I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX Deluxe Sports Coupe, V6.
I also drive a 1988 GMC Sierra (upgraded V8). I don't want to hear whining about gas prices... I drive 45 minutes to school, back from school twice a day. I also go to two jobs per day. Doooon't wanna hear it...

demartini

how much is gas there? In San Mateo i pay $3.33/gal its crazy...i remember when $25 used to fill my car
you should car pool lol i have my bf drive me all over lol its cheap for me.

120reefer

Try... Ford Lightning.... 572HP.....$85-$90 to fill... 14mpg highway... roughly 9 around town... and gallons per mile at the track
Not to mention like IMURNAM... i also drive 45 mins to college 4 days a week 2x a day.....
Wouldn't trade the truck in for the world tho...
and uh.. i heard on the news they expect the gas prices for the nation as a whole to rise almost $1/gallon by next summer...
save your pennies...

tanks alot

i pay $2.64 but i shop at giant eagle so right now i have$1.50 off gas so i will only be paying $1.14 a gallon to fill up my 2000 ford f150 4x4offroad

demartini

Originally Posted by 120reefer
Try... Ford Lightning.... 572HP.....$85-$90 to fill... 14mpg highway... roughly 9 around town... and gallons per mile at the track
Not to mention like IMURNAM... i also drive 45 mins to college 4 days a week 2x a day.....
and uh.. i heard on the news they expect the gas prices for the nation as a whole to rise almost $1/gallon by next summer...
save your pennies...
maybe you should try ummm public transportation lol it takes about 45 mins for me to get to college, so i take bart ( kinda like a sub way)...saves you a lot of money

120reefer

Originally Posted by DeMartini
maybe you should try ummm public transportation lol it takes about 45 mins for me to get to college, so i take bart ( kinda like a sub way)...saves you a lot of money
Lol.. maybe if we HAD public trans out here i would..
Im out in the stix... im sure alot of the guys up in norhtern PA, NY or any other guy from the northeast knows what im talkin about.. Not a bus or anything for miles......

demartini

Lol.. maybe if we HAD public trans out here i would..
Im out in the stix... im sure alot of the guys up in norhtern PA, NY or any other guy from the northeast knows what im talkin about.. Not a bus or anything for miles......
ooo that sucks...

imurnamine

Originally Posted by DeMartini

Haha, I'd make my man drive me around if he weren't off at college right now... We're like slave drivers!

fishy7

Trade your guzzler in on something like a civic or corolla. If that does not work, find a used one and sell your guzzler.

cowfishrule

save your pennies...

oh yeah?
my '99 suburban has a 42g tank to fill, and a 350 up front.
good thing its not my daily driver.
my honda element gets about 23mpg
my suburban gets 10/17 mpg

phixer

It's that expensive because people will pay it. The sky's the limit when it comes to gas prices. I predict that ethanol will become even more practical when gas gets close to 5 bucks a gallon. In Japan its 2 bucks a litre, thats why most ride the train.

renogaw

couple reasons:
1) people will pay it, and put it into gas guzzlers and keep paying it.
2) the middle east is completely unstable, and the oil companies are using this to line their pockets.
3) That stupid company in alaska didn't keep up on maintenance and has to shut down their pipeline.
4) the oil companies know the future is NOT oil, and they are going to soak up as much profits as they can. see http://www.actionsalvage.com/H2O.asp. they are already making H2O motors. The US Govt already contracted for 4 Humvees to be made with this (or similar) technology.