Why Is The Gas Sooo Expensive!!! I Mean, C'mon.......................................

phixer

Wow, now thats an expensive hydrogen generator! Hydrogen has it advantages. I wish it could be economicaly stored as a solid fuel cell instead of a dangerous HP gas tank.

tx reef

I have a company truck also and don't have to pay the gas.
My wife drives a 2004 Mustang(really my car; she just drives it
:hilarious
).
It gets about 20 mpg in town and about 28 mpg highway. Not to bad.

travis89

Originally Posted by renogaw
couple reasons:
1) people will pay it, and put it into gas guzzlers and keep paying it.
2) the middle east is completely unstable, and the oil companies are using this to line their pockets.
3) That stupid company in alaska didn't keep up on maintenance and has to shut down their pipeline.
4) the oil companies know the future is NOT oil, and they are going to soak up as much profits as they can. see http://www.actionsalvage.com/H2O.asp. they are already making H2O motors. The US Govt already contracted for 4 Humvees to be made with this (or similar) technology.
I agree.

schneidts

Originally Posted by sethw
I AM A NEW DRIVER AND I USUALLY DONT HAVE MORE THAN LIKE A BUCK TO USE FOR GAS EACH DAY, THATS ABOUT IT FOR SCHOOL AND BACK. I :scared:

With that budget for fuel...I suggest getting a ten speed... :thinking:

renogaw

actually, i think i posted the wrong welder. there's a welder out there that takes water, breaks it down, creates electricity and the byproduct is... H2O--so it's a self sustainable power sourse.

alyssia

Originally Posted by canisee2
Here in cumming georgia we pay 1.98 a gallon i think its good compared to other peoples around the nation.

What???? I am paying over 3 dollars a gallon.

S

sombra7740

its prob because too many people voted for dumb ass republican Bush, who makes tons of money on oil, and defense stock. and he has war and money on his mind 24/7.
i hear gas in Iraq is only $0.50 a gallon.
http://www.netmar.com/~maat/archive/feb2/watercar.htm
here is the water car. but i heard that the car/oil companies/lobiest have the plans under lock and key and wont let the technology out.

laddy

Originally Posted by sethw
I AM A NEW DRIVER AND I USUALLY DONT HAVE MORE THAN LIKE A BUCK TO USE FOR GAS EACH DAY, THATS ABOUT IT FOR SCHOOL AND BACK. I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE PRICE OF GAS GETS HIGHER AND HIGHER. WILL IT KEEP ON GOING OR ARE THEY EXPEXTING IT TO COME DOWN. I DONT WATCH NEWS ALMOST AT ALL, EXCEPT TO HEAR ABOUT HURRICANES, SO I DONT HEAR MUCH ABOUT IT. WHATA GOING ON, AND I DRIVE A GAS GUZZLER......I HATE IT :scared:

(a) too much money chasing too few goods, (b) crude is a necessity not a luxery, (c) politcal uncertainty in region of production leading speculators to have gone "long" on future contracts pushing "at the pump " prices up b/c hedge costs have gone up, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc..........oil supply is dictated by a cartel, basically setting prices, subject to demand. I view it the way I view people on here talking about 1 $40 blue zoo polyp.....if you don't have a demand there wouln't be a supply.

coachklm

Originally Posted by sombra7740
its prob because too many people voted for dumb ass republican Bush, who makes tons of money on oil, and defense stock. and he has war and money on his mind 24/7.
i hear gas in Iraq is only $0.50 a gallon.

wow thats a one sided opinion....
I heard that that there was a tooth fairy.....
and that iraqis spend a months wage and 2days in line to fill there cars with gas to get to work...
that second one was a first hand and sight account also ....take it as you will..

cgrant

my camaro get's 10mpg, try racing fuel $$$ and see what expensive is!
But I agree gas prices are Outrageous, hopefully the prices will keep going down!
:scared:

sugarfox03

I have been happy as hell the past week or so! I GLADLY paid $2.76 yesterday to fill up the Sport Trac. I am sure missing my accord now though (used to get over 30 mpg - now I am lucky to get 17), but I wouldnt trade my truck in for anything....except maybe a Trans Am WS6.

dogstar

Iraq used to produce around 15 percent of the worlds oil reserves...good oil too...only third behind Sadia Arabia and Iran....Now those 2 Countries can easily conrtol the prices...And they and the corperations are getting rich and loveing it.......they may get some more flowing from Iraq by election time.....