Why would she leave me with this mess???

makoshrk2

Your a puss and the wife is lazy... Which is why she has to hire a housekeeper with your money. Blah Blah Blah Boo Hoo

flower

Originally Posted by makoshrk2
http:///forum/post/3044749
Your a puss and the wife is lazy... Which is why she has to hire a housekeeper with your money. Blah Blah Blah Boo Hoo

Money is only good for what it can buy. If money, no matter who pays... can bring harmony and peace to the household...it is money well spent. I think it was a good resolution.
So kiss and make up already

darthtang aw

Isn't there a lawyer that posts on here from Detroit. Maybe he will post here and hook you up with a sweet deal on a divorce.

bionicarm

Sorry Crimz, don't think you'll get too many people on your side with this argument. I'm with you all the way, but if you let your wife take advantage of you at the start, you'll have to live with the addage, "Old Habits Are Hard To Break". Why should she clean up the house when she knows if she leaves it a mess, you'll come behind her and do it for her? Sounds to me like she has you trained pretty well.
If you don't like living in a pig sty, put your foot down and give her an ultimatum. Want to go and play with your friends after school little girl? Clean your room first! Sweep your bedroom and bathroom floors! Go downstairs and put the dirty dishes in the sink! Bring your dirty clothes downstairs and start a load of laundry! If you don't get your chores done, you don't get to leave the house. That's what I tell my teenage kids.
If that doesn't work, then go with the other suggestions here - hire a maid. Take the cost of the maid out of your wife's 'allowance', which I assume you give her money to spend since she's a stay-at-home Mom. When she comes to you and asks for some cash to go out on these 'girl's night out' endeavors, just say, "Sorry honey, I'd give you some money, but the maid did such good work doing YOUR job, I gave my extra cash to her." You'll have to sleep on the couch for a week, but it'll get your point across...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3044869
Sorry Crimz, don't think you'll get too many people on your side with this argument. I'm with you all the way, but if you let your wife take advantage of you at the start, you'll have to live with the addage, "Old Habits Are Hard To Break". Why should she clean up the house when she knows if she leaves it a mess, you'll come behind her and do it for her? Sounds to me like she has you trained pretty well.
If you don't like living in a pig sty, put your foot down and give her an ultimatum. Want to go and play with your friends after school little girl? Clean your room first! Sweep your bedroom and bathroom floors! Go downstairs and put the dirty dishes in the sink! Bring your dirty clothes downstairs and start a load of laundry! If you don't get your chores done, you don't get to leave the house. That's what I tell my teenage kids.
If that doesn't work, then go with the other suggestions here - hire a maid. Take the cost of the maid out of your wife's 'allowance', which I assume you give her money to spend since she's a stay-at-home Mom. When she comes to you and asks for some cash to go out on these 'girl's night out' endeavors, just say, "Sorry honey, I'd give you some money, but the maid did such good work doing YOUR job, I gave my extra cash to her." You'll have to sleep on the couch for a week, but it'll get your point across...

Originally Posted by crimzy

http:///forum/post/3044662
Just to bring closure to this thread... the issue's been resolved.
We waited til the kids went to sleep and then had it out... obscenities and everything. She feels that she works very hard to take care of the house and I don't appreciate it. My feelings... well they were made clear above.
In the end, she is going to be hiring a housekeeper, from her income to clean. We will probably have the person come on Fridays so the house is clean for my weekends.
I'm still a little pi$$ed from our fight, and wifey probably is too. But you know what... we are committed to each other and I love her. So we'll probably be good for another couple months until the stress of everyday life causes us to blow up again.
Thanks all for listening.

small triggers

i dunno, My husband does most of the cooking, i do most of the cleaning and we both work on house stuff. Now granted i seem to do EVERYTHING for the pets, but truthfully they are My pets. I dont have kids (and dont want any) but my 15yr old stepson lives with us and cleans up after himself because as i have pointed out I AM NOT a maid. Everything in our house if pretty fairly divided, though i would rather have some time to myself that time is spent on my fish tank and with my dogs and during my lunch at work is when i run ALL the household errands except grocery shopping so i dont have to leave when i get home at night and so my husband doesnt have to either.
Equal distribution of the work..