Wife got bit by a rattlesnake..........

maxalmon

Wow, glad your wife is OK....Thats some pretty serious stuff, she's really lucky and also lucky you were around, smart thinking about carrying her to the truck.

bexleyfish

Originally Posted by fish4ever
you know you can remove the venom if you act quickly, right? You need to cut small "X's" through the bite marks and then suck the venom out. That may not get it all but It does work, and will help slow the effect of it.

That is actually a bad idea because the blood vessels in your mouth will absorb the venom and then both people could be poisoned. I'd say try it if its on your self but dont do it to someone else

hefner413

Originally Posted by BexleyFish
That is actually a bad idea because the blood vessels in your mouth will absorb the venom and then both people could be poisoned. I'd say try it if its on your self but dont do it to someone else
Man, if my wife were bit, I could care less how much poison entered my vessels in my mouth. If I knew that it would help her - you bet. But there would be the risk that you wouldn't get enough out, and you both end up not being able to get to the hospital. So probably best to just get there asap, just like he did.

stdreb27

according to the park ranger at carlsbad caverns, you have about 3 hours to get the anti-venom before you die. So you have time, I did laugh reading your post because it sounded like you knew you were stepping over it and letting your wife get it.