Wifey got Promoted

ironeagle2006

My Wife just got a Promotion at her job. Seems she impressed a District VP at her company and he went why is she only a Part timer and such to his Staff they where like we do not know. Well he needs a New Deli Manager in one of his Little Rock Stores he found out and the store there is getting a total Top to Bottom Manager Overhaul so we get to tell IL BYE and are loving it. Why well we got the results from the state on the ground issues and it was the Clay in the soil around here drying then expanding so that caused the Problems with my house so no repairs coming. The Damages to the house are over 50k to repair when you have to rebuild 3 out of 4 walls Plus reside drywall and everything. Her Company is helping find a Place in AR to move into and is going to pay 1/2 of the moving costs they normally do not pay anything for moving expenses at all unless your a General Manager or Higher.
I am going from a place with No Jobs No Future for my Kids to a place that offers a place for them in the Future. Oh HECK YEAH.

reefraff

Arkansas is a great place to live but don't expect to be barraged with economic opportunities. It isn't exactly a mecca of economic development there but you should do OK. Just getting out of that death trap of a house is a big step in the right direction. It's a good thing they have someone local to help you find a place in the right area too. There are some cheap houses there and they are cheap for a reason.

ironeagle2006

Compared to here where if your LUCKY you might get a Part Time Job that Pays Min Wage and where Housing Costs have gone Down in the last 4 Years as there is NO MARKET for Housing. My house lost 30K before the damage happened I paid 55K it might sell for 25K now. That is after upgrading the HVAC and a Brand New Roof.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That's good news! But, what will you do with your house? Sounds like you will take a big loss since its probably not going to sell well.

2quills

Have to agree with, Reef. I don't want to be a party pooper because it may turn out to be a better place than where you're coming from. Little Rock is pretty run down, but the north, northwest side and Cabot and pretty decent so those the areas that I would focus on to try and move to. Stay away from down town and the south side. Good Luck and congrats.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/394956/wifey-got-promoted#post_3515674
Compared to here where if your LUCKY you might get a Part Time Job that Pays Min Wage and where Housing Costs have gone Down in the last 4 Years as there is NO MARKET for Housing. My house lost 30K before the damage happened I paid 55K it might sell for 25K now. That is after upgrading the HVAC and a Brand New Roof.
And I guess your homeowners doesn't cover settlement? My policy actually has a rider that covers like 25K for damage from settlement.