Will make DIY sump, refugium, overflow box out of Clear Cast Acrylite

fishyfrenzy

Ok, I have a HEAP of acrylic laying around, and will make you a diy sump. Just tell me the dimensions, the features you want, and the price you're willing to pay. I have a BUNCH of acrylite on hand, with all kinds of thicknesses.
3/4ths now, the other 1/4 later.
Will take money order or PayPal.
I can and will take pictures of your refugium or sump.
Refugium - Can make Hang on, under stand, or with a sump built in.
Sump - Can make any size. Can include a protein skimmer section, a refugium, or whatever you would like.
Mods - I'm not trying to make this like a business, I just have a bunch of acrylic laying around, and it needs to be put to good use. This can provide members of SWF.com with cheap, efficient, and reliable refugiums and sumps to help their tank do well.

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
How much and how would you ship?

I would like a refuge that is 12"-18"-40"
Exactly how much it would cost to ship. I will use a UPS ground shipping calculator, and will display postage so you know you're not getting ripped off. All products have to be insured.

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
How much and how would you ship?

I would like a refuge that is 12"-18"-40"
I believe I would ship by ups...or maybe freight. I think ups will take a sump that big.

fishyfrenzy

Supplies-$125...It's right on the borderline of whether to do 3/8" or 1/4", 1/4" would be about $100
Labor-$75
Shipping-$50-$75
So.. It would be between $250 and $300, shipped, unless shipping turns out to be a much higher rate. I will try to get a price quote somehow, from ups.

fishyfrenzy

Bump, come on guys, I have a HEAP of this stuff laying around!
I don't want to have to go to the bidding site, I'd rather you guys get first pick!

vorlx

I might be interested in a dual 1" outlet overflow. Do you have any examples of your previous work?

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by vorlx
I might be interested in a dual 1" outlet overflow. Do you have any examples of your previous work?
No, I do not.
Actually, I don't think I'm going to do an overflow box. I've never made one before, and they do look a bit more tricky than sumps and refugiums. I've made both of these before, so I know what to do and how to do it.

fishyfrenzy
when your shipping acrylic sumps,i would let UPS pack it themselves.
i shipped out three large custom built sumps,1 with UPS and 2 with fed-ex,they all arrived busted and cracked,and they would not honer the insurance claims.so when i ship out a sump now,i take the completed sump(unboxed) to the UPS store and let them pack and ship it,then there 100% responsible when there drivers drop and bust one,you can also have the UPS store call the customer and arrange payment over the phone.
just a thought

fishyfrenzy

Originally Posted by nycustomsumps
fishyfrenzy
when your shipping acrylic sumps,i would let UPS pack it themselves.
i shipped out three large custom built sumps,1 with UPS and 2 with fed-ex,they all arrived busted and cracked,and they would not honer the insurance claims.so when i ship out a sump now,i take the completed sump(unboxed) to the UPS store and let them pack and ship it,then there 100% responsible when there drivers drop and bust one,you can also have the UPS store call the customer and arrange payment over the phone.
just a thought
Thanks for the heads up!