will picky clownfish die?

merredeth

Originally Posted by SuperWade2
While I hate to get in the middle of a nutritional debate, my 2nd clown is for some reason still alive...I tried some Mysis shrimp again tonight (with Garlic Guard), and I acutually saw him/her eat maybe 1 or 2 bites...
I think I'm still on the death watch... I just did a 17% (8 Gal / 46 Gal Tank) Water Change even thought all my tests have still been within all the normal limits.....
Maybe he will eat a little more tomorrow and acutally pull through, although I'm not holding my breath... He's on the 5th day of his fishy "hunger strike" (his partner died on day #2 from lack of food I think, and was prompty eaten by my Clean up crew... nice $10 meal).
There were also fresh out of the bag at the LFS, so going into that tank, and then out again into mine right away might have been extreme shock...although the LFS said they were eating at the store before I bought them
It's weird, becuase one minute he is literally laying on the sand leaning on the side of the tanks, and the next he is swimming back and forth with the Chromis and then into one of the Live Rock Caves to hide...
SW2
This may sound corny or stupid, but maybe you should think about getting him a new partner?? If your tank parameters are in line, then maybe buying another one and rearranging the rock is the thing to do.
You can try soaking bloodworms in Garlic Extreme or Garlic Guard for at least 1/2 an hour and put some in the tank.
While bloodworms aren't filled with near the nutrients, getting him to eat something is important. Once he starts taking SOMETHING
he will fall into the habit of eating. I know my clowns will eat the heck out of bloodworms soaked in garlic when offered.
Hope those are some suggestions that help.
Denise M.