WK 2

stdreb27

You know, say what you want about Romo, but broken ribs and punctured lung's, and going back out to play. Well, my hat's off to him. And to win.
But if I was a cowboy fan I'd be worried, (oh wait I am a cowboys fan). Romo, dez, felix, oggletree...
If I was a 49er's fan I'd be pretty happy, minus the ending.
I'd also like to note, the Texan's have one heckava defense...
I wonder what the colts would be willing to give up for kinta these days...
Oh and way to go Carolina, Cam "Fig" Newton...

meowzer

Yeah my husband was pretty pleased with Romo....but is also VERY concerned about all the injuries.....We don't even know yet if Romo is gonna play this week or not
Personally I think playing hurt like that is dumb!!

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418737
Yeah my husband was pretty pleased with Romo....but is also VERY concerned about all the injuries.....We don't even know yet if Romo is gonna play this week or not
Personally I think playing hurt like that is dumb!!
Not much about football is smart. LOL. A lot of players play hurt on a weekly basis, its their job and they get paid very well to do so. I am all for it.
stdreb27,
I saw this football thread last year but my team was coming off a 2-14 season so I did not have too much to talk about. BUT now they are red hot and started out 2-0 so I will join in the fun this year. The Lions are going to have a lot better year (as long a they stay healthy) and it was fun to see them put a whooping on KC last week. 48 pts and they could/should have scored more. Keep up the good work boys!!!!
I am a little scared having Green Bay in our division, they look real good. I am a bit surprised by Carolina this year. Cam Newton looks good, I was NOT expecting that at all, I thought he was the next Ryan Leaf, or Jarmarcus Russel.
C'mon week 3!!!!

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418741
Not much about football is smart. LOL. A lot of players play hurt on a weekly basis, its their job and they get paid very well to do so. I am all for it.
stdreb27,
I saw this football thread last year but my team was coming off a 2-14 season so I did not have too much to talk about. BUT now they are red hot and started out 2-0 so I will join in the fun this year. The Lions are going to have a lot better year (as long a they stay healthy) and it was fun to see them put a whooping on KC last week. 48 pts and they could/should have scored more. Keep up the good work boys!!!!
I am a little scared having Green Bay in our division, they look real good. I am a bit surprised by Carolina this year. Cam Newton looks good, I was NOT expecting that at all, I thought he was the next Ryan Leaf, or Jarmarcus Russel.
C'mon week 3!!!!
I'd wait until teams have had a few weeks to develop a game plan for Newton before proclaiming him the next big thing. He may be but once teams have enough film to study him I suspect it's going to be a lot harder on him.

slice

Quote:
I am a bit surprised by Carolina this year. Cam Newton looks good, I was NOT expecting that at all,
Yep, we finally have a REAL quarterback!! As soon as he outgrows his rookie mistakes we may be able to do a little something, if not this year, certainly next year.

mantisman51

I am a bit surprised by Carolina this year.
0-2, I'm not too surprised.
But I hope Newton is the real deal. The problem I see immediately, and will keep an eye on, is how he sulks and covers his head as the games are winding down. Yeah you want a guy to show some emotion, but when I watch him isolate himself from the team and pout, I get the idea he may not be endearing himself with his teammates. They'll give him a few starts to figure it out, but if he keeps isolating himself from the team on the sidelines, I see a good, but dysfunctional, QB waiting out the three years for the trade while the team struggles.

sweatervest13

Good point. This is the NFL and at any given time I would say that at least 5-7 teams have a QB that is less then par. That is the one thing that "most" superbowl teams have in common is a good QB. I hope that Matt Stafford stays healthy and can show that he is the real deal. He has a cannon for an arm.
Quote:
I'd wait until teams have had a few weeks to develop a game plan for Newton before proclaiming him the next big thing. He may be but once teams have enough film to study him I suspect it's going to be a lot harder on him.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418758
Good point. This is the NFL and at any given time I would say that at least 5-7 teams have a QB that is less then par. That is the one thing that "most" superbowl teams have in common is a good QB. I hope that Matt Stafford stays healthy and can show that he is the real deal. He has a cannon for an arm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418754
0-2, I'm not too surprised.
But I hope Newton is the real deal. The problem I see immediately, and will keep an eye on, is how he sulks and covers his head as the games are winding down. Yeah you want a guy to show some emotion, but when I watch him isolate himself from the team and pout, I get the idea he may not be endearing himself with his teammates. They'll give him a few starts to figure it out, but if he keeps isolating himself from the team on the sidelines, I see a good, but dysfunctional, QB waiting out the three years for the trade while the team struggles.
Compared to Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen, we will be just fine.

stdreb27

Quote:
stdreb27,
C'mon week 3!!!!
oh yeah, the Lions!!!!! Maybe, there will be 2 good games on thanksgiving this year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418745
Yep, we finally have a REAL quarterback!! As soon as he outgrows his rookie mistakes we may be able to do a little something, if not this year, certainly next year.
We're still waiting for Romo to outgrow his....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13
http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418758
oh I'd go higher than that...

kjr_trig

Yeah, Tony Romo is one tough dude....He and Adrian Wilson top my list thus far this year of toughest of the tough. Adrian electing not to have surgery on a torn bicep (not pulled....TORN) and play the season out.
Tom Brady is beyond good....He's inhuman these days.
Bills and Lions 2-0, not only that, but a very good looking 2-0. The Lions look like an elite team.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418991
Yeah, Tony Romo is one tough dude....He and Adrian Wilson top my list thus far this year of toughest of the tough. Adrian electing not to have surgery on a torn bicep (not pulled....TORN) and play the season out.
Bills and Lions 2-0, not only that, but a very good looking 2-0. The Lions look like an elite team.
you know, I have a friend, going nuts about his Lions. And I'm truly happy for him, (not having seen a game) at what point, what do they call it on espn? Poser or contender?

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///t/388006/wk-2#post_3418991
Go Lions!!!! I have been thru some major down times with my kitty's. Matt Millan did unspeakable things to this team and we had to suffer for his abuse for years. Of course we went 0-16 the year we fired him two weeks into the season. He still is public enemy #1 here in the D. Casey Anthony would have an easier time then Millan. LOL.
But now the Lions look good, but I can tell you the feeling over here is one of caution. We are not used to being good and don't want to get to much ahead of ourselves. Our Defense is looking a lot better, and with players like Suh (a man amongst boys) hopefully they will keep it up.
I would honestly be happy with a winning season, even if we don't make the playoffs (don't get me wrong, I want the playoffs).
Quote:
you know, I have a friend, going nuts about his Lions. And I'm truly happy for him, (not having seen a game) at what point, what do they call it on espn? Poser or contender ?
Super stoked for your friend too!!! ESPN had something this week about the surprise teams and they labled the Lions as contender.