Woohoo!!!!

saltyfishy

Just thought i would share my home made refugium..
1 10 gallon Tank $8.00
2 tank deviders $20.00
1 10Lbs. bag of live sand $24.00
1 handful of macro algae $11.00

E

exile415

hows your digital thermometer working. i plan on getting one. my thermometer keeps falling

E

exile415

how much did you get it for. i like how it has that little thing in your tank and the thing to tell you is outside.

saltyfishy

well i just tested my tank here are the readings.
(Plz tell me if they are nomal.)
Nitrite - >1
Nitrate - 50
Ammonia - 5.0
PH - 8.0
Salinity - 32
Specific Gravity - 1.024
Thanks

f1shman

salty, what about a pump for that sump? I have a ten gallon tank and would really like to do the same thing, but how is it going from the tank to the sump and back to the tank? (im wanting to use the 10 gallon as a fuge for my 40 gallon reef tank)

saltyfishy

Im using a 300gph overflow box to the fuge then a rio 1100 to my sump then another rio 1100 back to the main tank. Im thinking it should work =

airforceb2

Juat be careful with Rios. They are notorius to dying without notice. Can your sump hold all of your fuge water in case the PH in the sump dies?

airforceb2

Also, I would swap the sump and fuge. Let the water get filtered in the sump before you send it through the fuge. But that is just my opinion.

mimzy

hhm.. windex on top of the tank...
I hope you don't know any guys named Murphy..... :thinking:
Anyhow.. nice looking tank! I always liked black stands. :yes:

nomad

Try to get your specific gravity up to 1.026 in the future, but 1.024 is OK for now. Everythingelse looks pretty standard, when nitrite gets to zero, start doing water changes.

saltyfishy

Well its been 11 days and thought I should post my readings.
Nitrite - >1
Nitrate - 50
Ammonia - 0.25
PH - 8.0
Salinity - 34
Specific Gravity - 1.025