Woohoo!!!!

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by Saltyfishy
Just thought i would share my home made refugium..
1 10 gallon Tank $8.00
2 tank deviders $20.00
1 10Lbs. bag of live sand $24.00
1 handful of macro algae $11.00

I have considered this many times. I have a few questions for ya.
What type of dividers are you using? Penn Plax Tank Dividers?
Where's the return pump? What type of pump?
What type of return line are you using? PVC? hose? How does it spray into tank? GPH?
What type of overflow are you using? Its rating?

saltyfishy

Well im not running it at the time. Im kind of scavenging for money but my plans are to have a CS90 OVERFLOW BOX rated at 600 GPH and a rio 1700 pumping it back. I am still going back and forth on the return line im going to use. And I am using the Penn Plax they are great to use all you have to do is a little cutting.

saltyfishy

well here are my readings for day 18 from tank setup.
Nitrite - 0.5
Nitrate - 10
Ammonia - 0.5
PH - 8.0
Salinity - 32
Specific Gravity - 1.024

S

sinner's girl

Try to get your specific gravity up to 1.026 in the future
Why? I kept mine at 1.023 for at least five years.... Just recently I raised to 1.025...in an attempt to help a brittle star. But all my fish/inverts lived fine at 1.023 (had the same star for four years...)

saltyfishy

Well I got some good news I just bought 25lbs. base rock and I BOUGHT MY 2x250w MH'S WHOOHOO!!!!!!!! Finally :happy: :happy: I started jumping up and down in my room and running around my house :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: LOL anyways I will be posting pics of my canopy Im planing on building in the next few days. Here is a pic of my tank with the base rock im still not sure how to set it up. :notsure:

E

exile415

are you going to have a chiller ? MHs get reallllyyyy HOT

saltyfishy

Im planning on getting one.. They cost alot. Im thinking i will have a few fans blowing on the water. Will this be ok for a while?