Worlds ugliest tank

wrassecal

Yeah it's kind of fun having essentially a bug tank. I never would have thought but sometimes even during the day I watch the pods just scurrying around everywhere. Pretty freaky when I break out the magnifying glass.Could be sitting in front of the tank with the thousands of dollars of beautiful stuff, but sometimes it's more fun to watch the bugs and snails. This hobby is making me wierd(er):D

broomer5

beauty is in the eye of the beholder Sammy ;)
I think it looks as good as it works !
Nice pod ranch !
Your's too Debi :)

sammystingray

Wrassecal, this is just too much to ignore now....we both have pod tanks???:eek: Obviously our souls are bound together in some type of cosmic love that can not be explained. A love created before time itself........a love that can not be denied. Oh, btw nice bug tank.:D

wrassecal

Originally posted by sammystingray
Wrassecal, this is just too much to ignore now....we both have pod tanks???:eek: Obviously our souls are bound together in some type of cosmic love that can not be explained. A love created before time itself........a love that can not be denied. Oh, btw nice bug tank.:D

Did I mention the worms??;)
BTW - did anyone notice the orb on the left side of my pic? It's my pod ghost...cool huh?:D

wrassecal

Guy...I'm blushing....but you might say I already am since my bugs, snails and worms came from your tank.....anyway I could never compete with Malibu Barbie:eek:
P.S. I told you guys I was getting wierd, for goodness sake I'm gettin hit on in the "worlds ugliest tank" thread:eek:

dfishh

um looks good sammy:rolleyes: , i jsut have a question, i have a 10 galon tank in my room from a whil ago with nuthig in it but pods and tons of em, so would it be ok for me to use a turky baster or sumthink like that to suk em up then put em in my big tank at nite? Thomas712 directed me to u so hopefuly u can help
DAVE

wrassecal

I'm not Sammy but what I do is use my syphon hose to syphon out a couple of gallons (dragging the syphon along the tank walls and sand bed) then add it to the main tank. With no real bio-load on the "pod tank" and all the caulerpa the water params are great. Then I put in fresh aged saltwater. Like doing a water change, only the water goes into the main tank. Once a month. HTH

wrassecal

That's an older pic, no cyano now. I don't really know why those "fuge" tanks get the cyano, but I don't worry about it like I'm worried about the DIATOMS in the main tank right now. :mad: Besides I was going for the look of Sammy's tank which I admire endlessly;)

nas19320

Sammy I was curious as to what type of filtration you have on your pod tank and if you feed the tank anything? I am interested in setting up an external fuge also.

wrassecal

Nas19320, Im not Sammy but I bumped this thread for you:D All I've got on mine is powerhead, a 3 lb live rock, quite a bit of reef rubble, dsb, and about 40 watts of ho lighting. HTH

nas19320

Thanks for bumping this thread, it's exactly what I was looking for.:) You've told me pretty much everything I need to know to get started. Do you feed your refuge anything?