Worms

diverva

I have a bunch of bristle worms. Is there a way to trap them? I bought a trap from my LFS. It is a green tube that they are supposed to climb into and eat food making it so they don't get out. Please help, I have a bunch.

R

rogeta

I am by no means an expert but from what i have read unless they are big...people seem to like them...i don't know about too many though...hth...

bhav_88

Bristle worms are the ultimate scavengers! In fact, a couple of days ago I PAID for some to add to my tank! I can't think of any reason you would want to get rid of them, unless they are huge.

bang guy

You're in trouble! :eek:
Your only hope is to wrap a piece of fish or frozen fish food and a small rock in a length of nylon screen and rubberband it. Then you must drop it into your tank just after lights out, harvest it in the morning and send it directly to me, Priority mail so that I can put those little beauties into MY tank :D
Count your blessings :) They are doing your tank a world of good!
Guy

carrie1429

I never had much luck catching the big ones in a trap, the only way I got them out was with arrow crabs they did everything then after they got them out I just took the crabs back to the LFS, but I agree that bristle worms are very good to have in your tank but if you have a lot then it might be a good idea to remove some.