Worried about my bubble tip

missnano

So my bubble tip is still in the recovery stage from being bleached months ago. It seemed to be fine, till a few days ago it moved, then it moved again last night then moved into this rock where it is under a part of the rock. is it stuck or trying to split? Should i worry?

meowzer

You seem to have an algae issue....which means your water is not good.....anemones really do good in clean water
what are your test results? and how many different types of algae do you have going on in there

J

jstdv8

yes, remove your phosphates.
Water changes, macro alage in a sump, GFO, feed less

ibew41

are you using ro water or tap and imo you have water quality problems that are bothering your anemone

spanko

Besides the fact that your profile says you have a 12 gallon Nano tank. My assumptions here would be very poor water quality and insufficient lighting.

S

smartorl

Chesh, not to be rude but what are your specific test results, more specifically, what are you testing for and what are the readings? What is your specific gravity at? Are you running stock lights in your nano or did you upgrade?
Your nem doesn't look good, in order to help, more specifics are needed.

chesh

Ibew41 - no clue what TDS is. Not sure why people have to use acronyms on this board, but it makes it confusing.
Temp - 77
Ph - 7.6
Sg-1.024
Ak-120
Hard-400
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0

S

smartorl

My guess is that your nem is starving for light. They have very demanding needs. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone without T-5's or halides. Stock lights, are really not enough to support a healthy nem long term. It's recent bouts of moving alot kind of reflects that it was trying to find a better spot. You could maybe try changing out your bulbs to get a little more light but I would strongly recommend returning it to your lfs or upgrading your lighting system.

ibew41

tds = total dissolved solids it tells how clean your water is have an lfs check it for you it should be as close to 0 as possible