worst day in my reefing experience so far

murph145

today has been quite a joke i dont even know what happened ....
started last night... my outgoing yellow coris wrasse got spooked and jumped tank he landed behind the tank on my wood floors in an area hard to reach took me a good 2-3 minutes to get him.... he was kinda messed up i dont know if it was the 6' fall to the hard floors or the lack of oxygen.... well i woke up this morning to find him dead... i had him over a year and him and my leopards wrasse were buddies pickin at the rocks.... so that sucked!
then today came home from work to find my acan stinging my purple monti colony and had killed a nice part of it from underneath....
then i was lookin at my large purple poccilopora colonoy to find it was starting to RTN/STN dont know which one i caught it early at the base... well i had no superglue ran to the store came back broke out the dremel and fragged it off its little rock perch... well while fragging the colony split into 2 one half rolling off the counter to the wood floors shattering like a glass into a thousand little pieces i was so mad i just picked it up and tossed it kept one half of it....
and the worst thing of all happened after that!!!!
i was lookin at the tank and heard some comotion from behind the rocks and out came my fuzzy dwarf lionfish swimming like a mainiac in circles i caught him with the net put him in the sump he was dead within a minute!!! i had this guy for over 3 years my famous yellow fuzzy dwarf lionfish died!
what happened here!?!? im so mad!!! i checked all water conditions
Alk 8dkh
Ca 430
Mg 1250
PO4 undetectable
Ni,Na,Am all 0
temp 80
i dont see why all this happend today is all just coinsidence? god im sorry im just so mad and frustrated had to vent!
RIP

addicted2

wow...I am so sorry to hear about the day you had..and even more sorry about your lion!
He was most definitely the most beautiful little fuzzy dwarf I have ever seen. I wish I had an answer for you about what happened
...sometimes you never get answers..
anyway...on a better note...Here's to all the smiles and interest that you bring to the hobby
...Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better one for you..

m0nk

Woah, I don't know what to say aside from sorry for your loss. Your dwarf was truly one of a kind.

fishgeek01

Justin
To bad about your Lionfish and your recent (well daily dose) of bad luck. Seems in this hobby just when everything is going right something comes out of nowhere and throws you a curve ball you didnt see coming. Hope that you are able to find another of the oh so rare dwarfs in that beautiful of a color. Give us updates on that RTN/STN, I know first hand what that can be like in a tank full of sps.
Jay

triga22

Murph Im so very sorry to hear that. Your lionfish was my favorite one becuase of the colorations.

autofreak44

soooo sorry to hear man, that was a great fish... it sounds like a freak accident, i dont think you caused it...
sorry

jhebi

Dude that really sucks....You had the prettiest lionfish ever......Honestly, i dont think there was anything wrong with your tank, maybe the lionfish swallow or ate something that it shouldn't.....Sorry for your losses Murph

petjunkie

Oh, that's awful to hear! All in a day too, that would be horribly stressful, I hate losing fish and ones you have had for years make it that much worse. I think sometimes saltwater just likes to drive you crazy, the first few years seem like nonstop problems, then you get everything under control and something bad happens.

G

garychef1

man... that was a gorgeous lion fish man. I remember it when scanning thru the photography pages. I am so sorry for your losses.

xokarmaxo

Wow, I am so sorry to hear of your losses! Especially that beautiful little dwarf lion fish.

Wonder what's going on??? You said your wrasse must have gotten spooked by something and jumped... then you heard a commotion behind the rocks before your dwarf lion came out...
I still consider myself a "newbie", but any possibility of stray voltage or something else being in there that would freak them out?
Again, I am so sorry for your losses.

monalisa

Wow Murph...
There's really nothing that I can say that hasn't already been expressed to you. I hope you get a handle on what happened. As already stated by many, your lion has been an icon here...I'm really sorry.
Lisa