Worst injury

fishfreak1242

What is your worst injury ever (try to keep it clean)? Mine is when I accidently fell head first into a glass table. Lets just say it wasnt my best day ever.

i worked at a grocery store as a stock boy, i was using a razor to open a box and accidently cut my wrist. was not pretty. cut it about 3 inches.

sciknen

i have a few bad ones
football injuries

concussion playing football suckd
multiple dislocated knee needed surgery
rugby injuries

dislocated couple of fingers playing
but i had to put them back into place myself
which wasnt fun
worse injury ever ...rugby
dislocated shoulder.......nothing serious
my arm as a good 6 inches lower then the other one wen it was out
i played 1 month later but at the time it was just the most painful

abethedog

In high school basball I had to switch from outfield to catcher between innings. I didn't have the proper gear on because I rarely catch. I came up with the idea that I would simply slide a protective piece of man protection inside of a non-protective but similar piece of equipment (jock). I made the mistake of sharing that information with a teammate before I came up to bat. We got three outs while I was on base. I had to quickly gear up to catch in that inning. So I slid my equipment in. My "friend" had loaded the "cup" with Icy Hot

VERY uncomfortable inning.
Sorry if that is too off color.

abethedog

My sister in law used to date a guy who fell out of a boat with an outboard motor. The boat circled around and ran him over. That was the response I got when I said: "how did you get those scars on your face and neck and chest and stomach and legs?"

phelpz

when I was kid we use to play tag with empty chicken feed sacks over our heads.
My brother was chasing me and I ran right into a pile of barbed wire.
I also fell in an aquarium when I was. I will never use one as a leg rest again.
Funniest injury was when I was like 5, or 6 and my brother tied a rope around a goats neck and then tied the other end to my belt loop. That didnt end well. Apparently i was suppose to ride it.....

jennythebugg

its a tie between an umbelical hernia (intestines coming out at my belly button ) and the time i had a construction grade heat gun dropped on my leg

alix2.0

xacto through finger w/ no medical attention

nails through feet
exceptionally deep cuts
nothing too bad though. never broken any bones.

T

tizzo

A 3/4 inch paddle bit grabbed the sleeve of my tshirt and twisted my arm all into a knot. That gave me the shakes for a minute.
yeah, I got pics..

jimmy 4

fractured my jaw. Was jumping my mountain bike and the fork broke when I landed. There were pieces of my teeth jammed in the base of my jaw in the fractures. Lost Two teeth... jaw was wired shut for 6 weeks. Still dont have my crowns... just two titanium inplants waiting for crowns.

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by Jimmy 4
http:///forum/post/2524399
fractured my jaw. Was jumping my mountain bike and the fork broke when I landed. There were pieces of my teeth jammed in the base of my jaw in the fractures. Lost Two teeth... jaw was wired shut for 6 weeks. Still dont have my crowns... just two titanium inplants waiting for crowns.
ooowwww

ric maniac

I broke my thumb, and both growth plates in it :0 so now i have pins in it lol. and i dislocated my shoulder, slapped my friend with my limp arm, and tore like 3 major tendons in it... dont ask.

shinobi9119

i was probably 9 or 10... the dog lease got tangled around my legs when the neighbors dog ran by... my dog ran after n i got dragged across the rocky pavement... the kind where they put on tar then drop tons of little rocks in it. Well my whole left side was bloody and rocky especially my hip very deep gash
but so far no broken bones

jmick

Great thread!
Sports related:
Broken Ribs. Torn Rotator Cuff (wrestled 28 matches with it and won most of them), broken foot, lower back injury (the back was the most painful).
Alcohol Related:
Fell in a fire and burned my ankle, fell off the back of a car and had to go to the hosipital to remove around 75 pebbles from my hands and arms and a nasty head injury from a fall....

salty blues

Would have to be when I was about 11 or 12. I was riding on the handlebars of my bud's bicycle. He was pedaling. I had the big toes of each of my bare feet on each side of the front wheel axle.
My left foot slipped off the axle end and rammed into the spokes, breaking about half of them in the process. Mangled my foot pretty badly. I was actually surprised that I didn't lose some toes, but somehow I had managed to pull my foot out after a couple of seconds.
Got stitched up. My foot hurt like
for quite a while.
Messed my bud's bike up pretty good too!

coral keeper

Originally Posted by fishfreak1242
http:///forum/post/2524131
How did that happen?
That happened like 8 years ago and thats when my family and I were building the house. There were a bunch of metal bars sticking up that marked where everything was gana be and I wanted to check if i can jump over them, then I didn't really make it over the metal bars....

porkchop48

Had a drunken moment a few months ago and forgot that I left my dogs outside about 8 at night.
Went running across the yard with no shoes and put a nail through my foot. In the bottom and out the top. Bad part was i did not even realize it till the next morning. Never drinking that much again. Looked like some one was murdered in my kitchen from me going back and forth to the fridge.
Also when I was about 18 I was on a quad and the front breaks locked up while going down a hill Needless to say the front wheels stopped and the back flipped up and over. I fell fowards into the dirt and the quad fell on top of me. Perfect inprint of my face in the dirt. The final outcome was a fractured skull, 280 stitches( inside of head) and 150 some staples in the shape of a big Z on the back of my head.
Wont get on a quad ever again

perfectdark

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
http:///forum/post/2524340
its a tie between an umbelical hernia (intestines coming out at my belly button )
ummmmmm....... ouch... and ughggghghghgghhggggghhhhhh........
Reading that made my stomach feel funny.... blahhhh that does not sound pleasant at all..
I would opt for the heat gun on my leg.... been there done that. Had a leister heat gun, the kind that melts PVC roof membrane land on the palm of my hand. 700+ degrees yea it left a mark... but ill take it again over the belly button thing.
Lets see, blew my knee cap off my leg to the right about 3 inches.... not a good day.. had surgury all better now. That was prob my worst experience. I did fall about 60ft out of a tree once but I was fortunate enough to bounce off of about 150 branches on the way down, get stabed by about 20 of them and then land on my brother who was laughing at me the whole ride down. Irony of it all is when I landed on him he fell and smashed his elbow on a rock and chipped it... LOL. Yea I laughed back at him....