worst labor day ever!

ilovemytank

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/2747266
Sounds like that kids father needs a good beating. I would never, ever welcome that family in my house again. Kids will be kids, but to get a response from the father like that shows what a complete lack of respect for other people's property and pets that he has and that is exactly what he is teaching his kid.
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto !!!! Thats not the sesponsible attitude of someone I would want to have as a friend. I wish you the best at replacing your fish.

Find the positive in starting over. I had a similar situation where I didn't want to start over but had a vacation disaster and was forced to. I seriously considered quiting because I wasn't sure I could go on vacation again and enjoy myself. But now my tank is the healthiest it ever has been due to a new connection I made. I am preparing for a professional install now instead of my beginner set up. i also get brand new carpet for free!

leopard_babe

I'm sorry to here about your loss.
The first pet I ever had was a goldfish. On my first communion, when there were a ton of people at my parents house, my younger sister took a friend (of course a boy) to my room where oreo the fish was happily swimming. and her friend decided to ick oreo up out of his bowl and pet him.

Unfortunatley part of life is death as well. It must have been there time to go. It is hard to start things over after a tank accident. Many of us have been there. Now you can give other fish a happy and safe home, where they can live long and happy lives.

salt nate

it does suck...but really, crying all day?
you need to curve your perspective---you and your boyfriend are still alive and you have a roof over your head, and there are new joys...every single day.
Not in a mean way, but come on....get over it!

fenrir

Originally Posted by salt nate
http:///forum/post/2776303
it does suck...but really, crying all day?
you need to curve your perspective---you and your boyfriend are still alive and you have a roof over your head, and there are new joys...every single day.
Not in a mean way, but come on....get over it!

That probably could of been kept to your self...
Im sorry for your loss if it were me I would just cut off conections to the family. Going to court or anyting like that could make the pain worse. Even thoug I agree the father should help pay for your losses.

small triggers

unfortunently, the law cant really do anything in this situation, neither will insurance, you cant insure your fish, just damage the tank could cause. And unfortuently, you cant teach dumb people to be responsible if they just dont get it. Sorry for the loss, only benefit i can give you is put a tight fitting top on all your tanks (and anything else that can get hurt) :( its unfortunte, but it seems the owners have to take the most extreme measures rather than the people who do the damage. (kinda like putting a fence around your pool EVEN THOUGH its in your own yard right)