Worst parents ever?!?

jmick

wow, i can't believe that. I have a new born at home and I wake up the second I hear a peep from her room. Also, I'd never leave our dog alone with her and our dog is an angel but you never know. Being a parent is the most important job many will ever have and it's a shame that some people don't rise to the occasion, maybe it's not for everyone. I guess the heartache of knowing they are responsible for their childs disfigurement is punishment enough.

watson3

Try living an hour away from this story..People are actually trying to take up for the parents..

watson3

Maybe the baby was sick and they were letting it sleep no matter how much it cried, putting itself back to sleep and such

emmitt2

I read another article where the dogs breeder was surprised because this particular puppy wasnt a "chewer" when she sold it to them.
Isnt it illegal to sell a dog that is under 8 weeks old. I could have sworn ive heard they had to be 8 weeks. Not to mention, they couldnt have had the dog very long. Certainly not long enough to just fall asleep with the puppy around a baby. Is it possible the baby didnt cry? I cant imagine it wasnt crying for a while. They had to be sleeping off drugs or alcohol to not hear a 1 month old right next to them crying

emmitt2

Originally Posted by watson3
Maybe the baby was sick and they were letting it sleep no matter how much it cried, putting itself back to sleep and such
Thats what they are defending them with??? You can at least open your eyes and make sure the baby is ok before letting it cry itself to sleep.
Do you know when it happened? Was it at night or during the day? Seems weird that the baby was just sitting in a car seat while they watched tv :notsure:

watson3

No one really knows the whole story..Just the parents..It is beleivable though that the kid fell asleep in the carseat and the parents left it in there to sleep.However, with the parents hypothetically not caring when the baby did cry, being buckled in it really couldnt do anything but be in pain..

emmitt2

That could be the case but to not even check on a 1 month old and just let it keep crying is pretty bad. I'm guessing it takes a decent amount of time for a 6 week old puppy to chew 4 toes off so there was probably alot of crying.
Heck , forget about the kid for a second, i dont even know anyone that would fall asleep with a new puppy running around their house. You figure itll pee, poop and chew up things. Add the baby to it and how are you not watching either the baby or the dog. These people better get sentenced to ALOT of parenting classes before they get the dog or the kid back!

psbrent2

Sounds like the parents neead strapped in a chair and tossed in a cage at the local zoo for a bit...
I have two kids and this makes me SICK...

petjunkie

I don't think you blame the dog for this just because it was a pitbull. It was a 6 week old puppy and in the article I read the parents were "asleep" right next to the baby. These people shouldn't be allowed to have children much less a dog that probably never got fed with these people in charge of it.

emmitt2

The amazing thing is , even assuming the worst, and saying they were drugged out and let a dog chew their kids toes off while they slept right next to the baby. As bad as that would be, the MAXIMUM they could get is 6 months!!! Here in florida if you have about 15 percocets on you that weighs enough to give you a 10 year MINIMUM/MANDATORY sentence in prison!! 10 years for a few

[hr]
but 6 months for letting your kid get his toes chewed off by a dog. Nothing wrong with that system

zman1

It's a horrible situation. Hopefully, it was accidental and negligence as opposed to knowingly and willful.

watson3

Team2..i am looking for that person too..i remember the big rally they were supporting for pitbulls and how loveable they were

wangotango

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Seems that their Gene Pool needs some chlorine
i like that

a fine up to $500? that seems kinda pathetic doesnt it. what do you think will happen to the dog, it doesnt sound like it just attacked, and mauled the kid.

watson3

So now posts get deleted if you mention that you are trying to prove a point to someone....figures