Would someone nice form this forum help me as my tank CRASHES presently

N

nanoambiance

I cannot get a single post in the disease forum yet from anyone, not even the moderators, its very frustrating, I have already lost a FOXFACE AND A SCOPAS in under 2 hours . . .help please, read my foxface post in disease forum..

fishman830

the only thing that i can think of is lack of oxygen, do you have a skimmer? they add lots of oxygen, and if you have any power heads that have the air intake i'd open that up so they get oxygen

D

daniel411

Really sorry about your losses and situation. Other than whats already been posted, I'm still scratching my head.

rick58

First do a major water change. Save some of the water. Then figure out the problem. Don't wait to act.

N

nanoambiance

I have skimmer running, and 2 hang on filters with surface agitation for oxygen in water, on top of the powreheads. I did not wait, as soon as my foxface died, I began the large water changes, during which the scopas died, and now a few hours later, I have done a large water change, and put in activated carbon to clean up anything. I also lost a yellow headed sleeper goby, and a six line wrasse, now all I have is the pair of clowns, who act unchanged, just fine. Also, all inverts and shrimp are moving around tank like nothing happened. I am confused, I do not have any residue on my arms or hands when I do tank maintenance, I now use nonpowdered latex gloves also, there have been no chemicals like lysol or windex near the tank, nor any bug spray or such, so I am just as confused.

buzz

Posted this in your other thread....
Possible electrical current? Try shutting everything down, and seeing if that makes a difference...heater, powerheads, return pump, anything electrical in the water. Turn them back on one by one to see which might be the problem. If nothing, at least that is one thing eliminated.

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Your symptoms perfectly describe Cucumber poisoning.

Exactly what I was thinking. Did you have one in there?
Also, it is possible to change too much water in too short of a time period . . .

quack

Originally posted by Bang Guy
Your symptoms perfectly describe Cucumber poisoning.

The one crash i had was from a very large cuke . . . about 10 incheds long i had gotten from my lfs . . .
something has caused an ammonia spike . .
uncured rock
dead critter
iodine?
temp?
urine (it happens!!!)
electricity
decomposing internal pump?
windex?
luck!

N

nanoambiance

LOL, that would be great, except I have no cucumbers . . .

T

thomas712

NA- you will not necessarily feel a shock if you have stray voltage. I have had a foxface before and even lost one to stray voltage.
Find someone with a voltage meter and check your tank out.
At this point with no other clues myself I would run a polyfilter to try to get what ever is in there out.

chinnyr

What size tank do you have?You mentioned 6 fish so far,are there more than that in the tank?Definately check your water levels.I had my skimmer run dry overnight before and did'nt notice it for 24hrs.It caused a mini spike just from that.Good luck!