wrasse question

subie41ife

I researched this a bit and it seems to be normal but I figured I would ask because everyone have been very helpful.
I got a wrasse and since i put him in my tank i have not seen him. last night after I put the christmas in my tank he was out for a little bit but then hid, and i have not seen him at all today. I looked everywhere i could see in my tank and no sign of him. should i be worried?
Even when i put food in the tank he did not come out

mrdc

How did your acclimate them? It can very normal for the fish to hide for awhile after introducing them to the tank. I have several comepletey dissapear for four days and then just show up. I still don't like it when my new fish do that but it's what they do. You also have to watch out for how your other fish act if you have any. Even passive fish seem to like to show some dominace towards newcomers.

srfisher17

Its amazing how a fish can hide when they want to. Did you check around the tank? These fish (like most wrasse) are very willing & able jumpers.

meowzer

I added a Secretive Wrasse last Wednesday....saw it that night....have not seen it since
I am hoping it is hiding ...