wwe

skrimpz

I guess i could be one, my bf has turned me on to it although we don;t watch much off wwe, more idny stuff. i don't really like wwe that much it like a over acted soap opera.

wwfstyle

I was a HUGE WWF fan but when it moved to WWE I kinda lost it. Ya it's a male soap opera. I've been to 2 shows in Seattle and 1 in Portland Or. I've had this account name since 1997. Lately it has gotten bad and they need to try new things like more of the blody matches like the ladder match and 20' high cage match. I miss mankind. He was one of my favorites cause he really put his life into this sport.

skrimpz

I just don't watch wrestling for storylines i know alot of people do but i dont find them interesting there overacted and overdramatic i would rather see actual
wrestling

tangman99

I watched wrestling as a kid back when the American Dream Dusty Rhodes was king. It was nothing but wresting then with very limited trash talking. Heck, today your lucky if they have 3 matches during an hour. Just a bunch of people acting.
I'd rather be kicked in the Cajones that sit through an hour of that stuff. They are both just about as painful, but I can recover from the kick in less than hour. :nervous:

bigarn

I go back even further..... Bruno Samartino was champ, but I couldn't put it any better than TangMan did. :D

wwfstyle

I'll admit that I dont watch WWE as much as I use to put it is alot better then watching all these real life programs going on right now. I HATE the one "GOTTI". How can anyone let their kids go crazy like that and how DUMB they really are. I guess this is what money can do to ya if you have never been broke and needed to earn respect instead of haveing to pay everyone for it.

scubadoo

You can still watch Dusty Rhodes on TNA NWA on Fox Sports. TNA is a much classier orgnaization as they were the FIRST wrestling orgnization to offer medical coverage to their wrestlers for inside and outside the ring. They may have implemented this already....but they plan on a mandatory sterioid /drug testing policy.
Vince McMahon is a piece of garbage in my opinion...but he does put on a good show as most folks eat it up.

lion_crazz

I like TNA a lot. I have seen most of their shows to date (including most of the PPVs when they first were airing only on PPV).
I also like ROH and CZW. IMO, they are the top 3 indies.

scubadoo

Originally posted by cjason3041
it is fake, you know that right??? now ufc rules

Yep, it's fake but it is tough..this clip froam a USA article spells it out. Makes you wonder how something that is fake can cause so much pain.
Fifteen current and former wrestlers interviewed by USA TODAY say they willingly bulked up on anabolic steroids, which they call "juice," to look the part and took pain

[hr]
so they could perform four to five nights a week despite injuries. Some admit to use of human-growth hormones, a muscle-building compound even more powerful and dangerous than steroids. And many say they used recreational drugs.
"I experienced what we in the profession call the silent scream" of pain, drugs and loneliness, says wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, 49, who has been in the business more than 30 years. "You're in your hotel room. You're banged up, numb and alone. You don't want to go downstairs to the bar or restaurant. The walls are breathing. You don't want to talk. Panic sets in and you start weeping. It's something all of us go through."
Scott "Raven" Levy, 39, says he used steroids and more than 200 pain

[hr]
daily before he kicked the habit a few years ago. "It's part of the job," Levy says. "If you want to be a wrestler, you have to be a big guy, and you have to perform in pain. If you choose to do neither, pick another profession."
The costs are high. Wrestlers have death rates about seven times higher than the general U.S. population, says Keith Pinckard, a medical examiner in Dallas who has followed wrestling fatalities. They are 12 times more likely to die from heart disease than other Americans 25 to 44, he adds. And USA TODAY research shows that wrestlers are about 20 times more likely to die before 45 than are pro football players, another profession that's exceptionally hard on the body.
Some wrestlers bet among themselves on who will die next, says Mike Lano, a former wrestling manager and promoter.

lion_crazz

Originally posted by cjason3041
it is fake, you know that right??? now ufc rules

It may be "scripted" or "planned out" but it is not fake. There is no way to fake falling. You either fall or you do not. You can't fake that part.