X-Box or PS2

S

simm

Actualy if it was me I would wait for the PS3. But definatly the PS2. More games and optical audio for theatres.

S

sashimi

:happyfish
A PC is the best game machine. Go see what FAR CRY looks like on a PC. I do not think PS 2 or 3 or even Xbox will look as good.

beachbumtx

Hiya!,
I bought the x-box when it first came out. i got Halo with it. it kicked butt However, it is the only game I liked for it. I have since had break in and my xbox was one of the things stolen. I would love to play Halo2, but I will not buy another xbox just for it. If I was going to buy a gaming platform, it would be a playstation of some form. A lot more choices in games. PS2 would be the way to go. When is PS3 due to come out? Probably in time for Christmas, right? It will probably have a lot of options as well.
A PC is a great choice for games...but you gotta have the RAM for it.

bradttu

PS2 all the way. Computer gaming is cool, I'm a former Quake III junkie. I had to get away from that stuff. Way too expensive to have "the best". There was always new stuff coming out. If you get a PS2, it's the same no matter what.

S

simm

Originally posted by BeachBumTX
Hiya!,
I bought the x-box when it first came out. i got Halo with it. it kicked butt However, it is the only game I liked for it. I have since had break in and my xbox was one of the things stolen. I would love to play Halo2, but I will not buy another xbox just for it. If I was going to buy a gaming platform, it would be a playstation of some form. A lot more choices in games. PS2 would be the way to go. When is PS3 due to come out? Probably in time for Christmas, right? It will probably have a lot of options as well.

Here is the PS3 website. It has some cool info. Im not sure when its comming out. Its suppose to support wirless WAN and such as well. They also say that it is 200 times faster then the fastest home PC. I think its gonna have optical video as well. Same with the XBox. I have 3 friends who have one and they all have had to repalace theirs.
http://www.ps3insider.com/

aarone

PC! So much more customization avaliable.
but if you are looking for console...either XBOX or gamecube

pumpie

I have PS2 and Gamecube. I love them both and I think wireless controllers are a godsend, lol. I think both of these systems have many, many more games than X-box, and you can play PS1 games too. :yes:

black99l

if you are like me and about half way though the game you get frustated and like to punch in cheat codes(game shark) then go with PS2 becuase you can't use cheat codes with xbox unless they are built into the game.

beachbumtx

Originally posted by simm
Here is the PS3 website. It has some cool info. Im not sure when its comming out. Its suppose to support wirless WAN and such as well. They also say that it is 200 times faster then the fastest home PC. I think its gonna have optical video as well. Same with the XBox. I have 3 friends who have one and they all have had to repalace theirs.
http://www.ps3insider.com/

Thanks!

broncofish

In my house we have three x-box's routed together and hooked up to x-box live, we also have a ps2, and a gamecube...both of which collect dust. If you are in to online gaming at all get an x-box.....halo 2 is going to rock.

phreakemup

I'm w/ bronco!! I personally think the box is better.. It's a lot more customizble (if that's what ur into anyway) I got spdif out on my box and everything, for free (ok 1.99 for the RCA jack!) The box is just a better all around system, and the HD is the best part of it!
Phreak

phreakemup

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
get a ps2 they last longer oi have had mine 3x times as long as my xbox and my xbox is broken

Nicky, what's wrong w/ ur xbox?? I might be able to fix it for ya

nolson

There is no way that the ps3 is 200 times more powerfull than a PC :) whoever you heard that from is so full of it, its not funny.
My pc that I have right now could blow away what the ps3 is supposed to have in it.
Not only that but computer processors and ram are updated soooo often that 1 week after the ps3 came out computers would be 10 times better.
If your a serious gamer you have a computer... End of story