X-Box or PS2

jeepboy

Between the xbox and ps2, the xbox has better graphics. I used to play games on a computer, but consoles are so much cheaper and easier to use.

joerdie

cpu's and clock speeds dont mean squat. its about games. thats why x-box sux unless al you play is sports (losers). the only good x-box game was halo. and it was not that great. it was just really good.
pc's may be faster but the big reasion that i dont play pc. is that when i play i want to be on my couch. lounging is way mre fun while playing games than sitting in some office chair.

broncofish

Originally posted by joerdie
cpu's and clock speeds dont mean squat. its about games. thats why x-box sux unless al you play is sports (losers).

Or any of the Ghost Recons, Splinter Cells, Mech Assult, Blood Rayne, GTA and hitman, all the star wars stuff, and project gotham racing 2. If you look at it, the box is faster, and has way way better sound. I think the x-box is running at 733mhz, compared to 200mhz for the sony. Plus the x-b ox uses an independent soundcard at 64mb of memory, and you can record your own soundtracks to a bunch of games, And just about every game that you can get for ps2, you can get for xbox. I guess to each his own. I just know like I said earlier, the ps2 collects dust in our house. My old neighbor did the same, as soon as he saw the x-box in action, he went and bought one...and his ps2 is in the closet.I guess if I had a bunch of ps1 games I was attached to I would use the ps2 more often...but then again fi I got attached to video games I would still be playing my atari

reef_magic

PS2...and get Final Fantasy X, i just beat it this weekend and it was the greatest 60 hours of my life :D
today i just bought Final Fantasy X-2...can wait:yes:

aidos

go the PS2 or a PC, i have all four and the PS2 has the best range of games out of the three consoles. you have GT3 and soon GT4 as well as hordes of other games. xbos has halo, now if you have played any first person pc games before you will see that halo is made up of modes, styles and AI, the whole game in fact (except for storyline, though its not that original) that would be outdate by 2-3 year old PC games, take halflife for example, all halo did was bring it to console.
people that own an xbox will try to tell you its faster, and it is but not by much, the arcitecture of a PS2 is IMO more supireor to that of a xbox which is why its graphics are still competitve with the xbox. all u need to do is look at the sales figures and see that sony are winning the war, there has to be a reason for that, ehh.
but if ya have the money get a PC, you have Halflife 2, world of warcraft, a Lord of the Rings RTS, Doom 3, and many more coming.
GO PC and DOD the halflife mod.

daredevil

PS2 definetly. U can play DVDs, CDs , and of cousre games. There are games that r more fun. Gamecube basicly just has mario, sonic, etc.(nothing against those Gamecube fans). PS2 YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jumping: :jumping:
:D

wayway

Gamecube and PS2 all the way. 100's of reasons but main reason,Resident Evil series.:happy: Also Ps2 and X box can play a lot more polygons per second but that dont always meen that the games are going to look better and have better graphics. Gamecube cant play nearly as many pps as Ps2 and Xbox but resident evil 0,and Resident Evil remake for game cube got voted best graphics 2 years in a row. Graphics really dont depend on the console but it depends more on the game makers. But imo there is no bad choice between PS2, GC, and PC. But X box would definatly be out of the question. Main reason being that its as big as a damn 10gl fish tank. lol. jp. but it is pretty big.

broncofish

Originally posted by lionfish28
didn't xbox have all those problems when it first came out??

I'm not sure what you are talking about? I know the PS2 did with their power supply, I actually am on number three. It might as well go to ---- along with my gamecube, I never play it anymore.

bwets_angel

My husband and I have 2 xboxes, 2 gamecubes, and a ps2. personally i don't see much difference in any of them, except for the fact that we are on our 4th ps2 since they came out because they keep breaking. they will work one day and not read the discs the next. xbox is also nice since you don't have to have tons of memory cards but is also a drawback with 2 game systems in the house because you can't play in one room and save it then pick up where you left off in the other room without buying a memory card. ps2 does have a much larger selection of games than any of the others do though so that's a plus.

im sure this will get me in trouble, but i will only use xbox, reason is i have a modded xbox (for back up use only :D) so i save alot of money on "backing up" my games in case something happens to them :wink wink: in time xbox will have every game PS2 has and they will look way better. if you think im wrong just look at GTA, they said it would NEVER be on xbox, but when you have 20 billion dollors you can get anything you want.

and to all of you who say PS2 is better due to hardware but say a PC is better then both, your wrong if you really knew what was in an xbox. xbox's ARE a pc just in a server sized case. if you open it up and take it all out and put it in a PC case, format it and put like winXP on it, bam, its a PC now. i enjoyed PS2 for awhile, but my all time fav. system was dreamcast, some of the greatest games of all time IMO. there isnt even 1 game out there on both PS2 and xbox that looks better on PS2, there is no contest on that. speed wise xbox is way way faster. the cd rom doesnt die after only a yr or 2, comes with a 9 gig HD so you NEVER run out of space for saved games and you can store your own music on it to hear while in games (not all games but like racing games). the reason PS2 has more sales is because it has been around for alot longer, has more games and breaks after 1 or 2 yrs so people buy another one to play all the games they have.