XBOX 360 Problems! 2 Days After Getting Madden!

mr.bled

im sure you can cancel, if ask why tell them a little white lie. I didnt mention it to target or best buy...however the target employee checked the sn on the 360 but did not care. best buy just accepted it no questions asked.

mike22cha

So what did you say? Can I trade in my 360 without hard drive? I got a scratch on it. COuld that be an excuse?

mr.bled

I did this- I bought a totally different 360 from best buy/target and i replaced those with the broken one and got my refund.
since I highly doubt they will just take your 360 and trade it with one of their's I wouldnt bother calling them about replacing your 360.
I would of gone through xbox for repairs but seeing as i only had my box for a month and a half, I didnt want to wait that long for repairs.

nigerbang

I told them flat out that it quit working...They checked with MS and they said they were able to swap it..As long as it was under a year old..Or just tell them you got it for a gift and it didnt work..I didnt even have to have my recipt..They checked the SN and called MS back and said all right, go get another, took altogether with riding to WM, them calling and getting me a new one, and the ride home...maybe 90 minutes..They said I could even upgrade if I wanted to the the difference between mine and the elite..

mike22cha

Dude I was thinking of upgrading to an elite, those look sweet!
Ok I'm going to call Best Buy later today and say I got this XBOX 360 as a present and it broke and see if I can exchange it. Did you give them just the console or the console, hard drive, controller, etc?

nigerbang

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Dude I was thinking of upgrading to an elite, those look sweet!
Ok I'm going to call Best Buy later today and say I got this XBOX 360 as a present and it broke and see if I can exchange it. Did you give them just the console or the console, hard drive, controller, etc?
I gave them everything back except the HD and controllers..
The elite isnt worth the extra money unless you download tons of stuff off of Live..HDMI doesnt make that much off a difference...If you want a black Xbox that does HDMI that cost $500 just buy a PS3...Thats what I did..

mike22cha

Well my dad won't take me today, maybe my mom will tomorrow. I'm going to call them up, say I got it as a gift, and ask about trading it in. We'll see how it goes, and if it doesn't work, then I got a box on its way.

mike22cha

Just got off the phone with Best Buy, they won't trade it in because it hasn't been 30 days since I bought it!
I'm pretty desperate so I"m going to call walmart, target, maybe gamestop?

mike22cha

Ok well Wal Mart said they might be able to help, so in 2hrs I'm going to go to my friends and pick up the box for his 360 and take it to Wal Mart customer service and see what they can do. I HOPE they'll take it back.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by NigerBang
Mine was doing that kinda thing...It wouldnt load anything..Not even the dashboard....I contacted Microsoft..Wasnt happening with me...I called Wal-Mart...They will take anything back..They told me as long as it was under 1 year old they could swap it...New 360 keeping my hard drive and giving the new up with the old system...Got a new one in 2 hours..
Hey did you need a box and reciept? They told me to take it to customer service and see what they can do. I was going to pick up a XBOX 360 box from a friend, but he won't be home until 2 hours.

mike22cha

AHHHHHHHH THIS IS CRAP!
I went to Wal Mart told the lady at customer service THAT I BOUGHT THE 360 IN JANUARY, and she went back checked up on stuff, wasted 15 min of my God given time, then comes back to say, "It's been over 90 days. Sorry". I'm like crap you! You just realized that after I told you!
So now I have to ship it and wait a month.

nigerbang

AHHHHHHHH THIS IS CRAP!
I went to Wal Mart told the lady at customer service THAT I BOUGHT THE 360 IN JANUARY, and she went back checked up on stuff, wasted 15 min of my God given time, then comes back to say, "It's been over 90 days. Sorry". I'm like crap you! You just realized that after I told you!

Sucks...I suppose I just got lucky..I had mine for about 10 months and they took it...They can tell when it was bought by the serial number...

lazypinoy

AHHHHHHHH THIS IS CRAP!

muahaha. thats karma man! all rubbin in my face you got madden. hehe i got my copy now. oh dont buy the nyko intercooler. it steals power from the xbox which is crucial on start-up. sometimes the connecters arch and may fry your motherboard. my xbox screwed up 5 months from when i bought it. sent my xbox out on july 12 got a replacement july 31. i try to keep my gaming under 3 hours to prevent overheating. ill tell you how halo 3 is when it comes out.
good luck. this is ridiculous how many 360s are having the same problem. maybe the design of the box itself is the cause of overheating. imo xbox should have more fans n more power.

mike22cha

Well I figured when I get my 360 back Halo 3 will be out so I'm going to pre order it anyways. But man, what a good time to break. Only thing worse would be during the first week of summer so I wouldn't get it back till the middle of summer. My friend offered to loan me his reg. XBOX that he has lying around so I will be on Halo 2 soon hopefully.

mike22cha

Well I'm supposed to get my 360 today but my dad isn't at his house to sign, so we will have to most likely go pick it up somewhere. Anyways I got 6 or 5 days to catch up on Madden till HALO 3!!!