Xenia snubs new bulbs

ever since i replaced the bulbs in my nova extreme fixture with some good ones my xenia has looked really crappy.(the rest of my stuff loves them) will it ever get adjusted(6 weeks so far)or should i just take it to the pet store?

I would give it more time. Xenia seems to go through cycles sometimes. Mine has looked like it was going to melt off the rocks, and came back stronger than ever. Can you lower it in the tank to see if it makes a difference with the new light?

i put all of it up high because i didnt want it taking over my tank and would need to peel it off . some pieces did, however, detach and floated around till they landed and rooted themselves near the bottom. these pieces have been growing very slowly, but they also are not liking the light but dont seem to be as bothered as the ones closer up of course. guess i'll just wait a bit longer before deciding what to do.

lil.guppy

I would put it at the bottom of your tank maybe even in a slightly shaded spot. When it bounces back slowly move it up to the light to see where its limit is.
I have changed the bulbs in my nova and my xenia is growing faster then before and I had it up close to the surface. What wattage of bulbs did you get?

naclh2o nut

JudyK,
Wow, have you thought about fragging.

Hey guys, just read through and thought I would drop a note and say thanks for answering my question before I even asked.
I just p/u two xenia frags, one is out and looks great, the other is all shriveled up.
The are in the same light and came from the same tank( different levels) so I am guessing that the one that was lower in old tank is not enjoying the new M/H but the other one is loving it.

jackri

Mine took awhile to adjust to MH lighting as well.. just a shock to it... Give it time and you may have more than you want... which happens to be my problem now but hasn't taken over like JudyK's :D