YAYYY...I DID IT (w/pics)

novahobbies

AWESOME!!!!

They look tiny in that big tank, don't they?? How big are they, roughly?
Now comes the fun part. Prepare to spend hours staring at the little guys, laughing at their antics, and stressing over every minor color change they go through.....may be stressful att imes, but it's worth it!
My reidis are clowns, and sometimes a true bickering couple. Sometimes the female has been known to wrap her tail around the male's NECK(!!!) and physically pull him out of the food bowl so she can eat more.

meowzer

I would say they are a good 3 inches..Do they take a while to settle in? It took me a while to position the food bowl so the food wouldn't float away, and then I moved one horse in (on the plant) and coaxed the other one in the bowl...they haven't left it!! Will they start swimming around more?

meowzer

As far as feeding...lol...yes it was difficult, do you use the mysis that comes frozen in cubes? It sure is hard to position that stuff anywhere. Do you thaw it first? I had to use 2 cubes...lol...finally after a while of trying to dangle in front of them (they ignored me) I was able to position the bowl in a spot where the mysis did not float away, and once I got the horses in the bowl they were ok....Next ?...Do I have to remove the uneaten food?

novahobbies

yes, you should remove any food left over after they wander off. I usually leave the food in for an hour, and they eat almost all of it.

rykna

AWESOME!!!! You have some beautiful horses!!!! Your food dish looks perfect
After I dish trained my horses I had to shoo them out of the way to actually get the food into the dish. They would hitch on my hand, the turkey baster, anything they could do to get their snout in first!!!
More pics Please!! I'd love to see a full tank view.