Which will get bigger

• Yellow Tang

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Long nosed butterfly

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey,
I just got a Yellow Long nosed butterfly today I dripped it and just put it in my tank but I have noticed that my Yellow tang(been in the tank for 4 months now) wont leave it alone it is the biggest fish in the tank is it trying to show its dominance? if so how long will that take and will it rip the butterfly's fins?

Please post back!
-Gold

trigger40

the only thing i would worry about then is how similar they are in shape and color. that may spark never ending fighting between the two. do you have a qt set up?

trigger40

for you i would at least get a 30gallon qt, maybe 40gallon. if the fighting dosent stop after a few days i would return the butterfly. if you had a qt you could use it to hold the tang in for a week days so that the butterfly could get settled in and clame his own territory.

bang guy

Just my opinion but the Tang will probably outgrow the Butterfly because the Butterfly will be gone within a few months.

trigger40

Just my opinion but the Tang will probably outgrow the Butterfly because the Butterfly will be gone within a few months.
my guy at my lfs said he would not sell them bacause they die after a few weeks because they dont eat or something.

mauler

If you have a sump just put your tang in there for a week move your rocks around and you'll be fine

I had a butterfly and a Tang. They got along fine but I think my butterfly was bullied by my Blue Tang. Anyway, if things get bad remove the tang. A Butterfly if VERY peaceful and delicate. It really has no form of defense and it's not a fast swimmer.