Yellow Tang With Black Ich?? Help!!!!!

this is making me crazy i want to do something ! am i just freaking out ???? i don't have a QT tank setp up now what should i do!

michaeltx

actually looks like the start of HLLE if I would have to guess.
What are your water parameters, tank size, and other inhabitants of the tank?
Mike

ph 8.2
nitrate 10
calcium 525
phosphate 0
alkalinty 4.5
i saw my cleaner shrimp dancing on my yellow tang like he was cleaning him?? thought it was odd??

michaeltx

well I am not a big disease person but I do know this all the information they are going to ask for to be able to help so as soon as one of them come on all those questions are already answered.
what else as far as livestock do you have in the tank with him.
Mike

2 clowns
1 tang
1 damsel
1 pymel angel
2 cbs
1 cleaner shrimp
some snails
starfish
i can't think right now... thats all i can remember

looks like tiny tiny freckles smaller than a pen mark.....
hes in a 30 gallon waiting for depart to bigger tank thats in slow process....
i got him when he was a baby he was extremely small just topping one inch he was such a cutie! (my lfs couldn't believe how small he was) he was with bigger tangs at the lfs i just didn't want him to get bullied and end up dying, so he came home with me.
he is about 6 months old in this tank ready for an upgrade and I never had a problem with his health i'm very attached to little mr.tangie... should i even stress about this or do they just get darker as they age ? i'll try to get a better picture of him in the morning...

renogaw

Originally Posted by Mach03InFront
ph 8.2
nitrate 10
calcium 525
phosphate 0
alkalinty 4.5
i saw my cleaner shrimp dancing on my yellow tang like he was cleaning him?? thought it was odd??
also... what are your nitrites and ammonia? you have a pretty big bioload, and a linkia star in a 30 gallon. it's a timebomb waiting to go off.

renogaw

i guess i'm on my own on this one

i guess i'm on your ignore list?

Originally Posted by renogaw
i guess i'm on your ignore list?

no... why would you be?? i'm just stressed out on this whole ordeal sorry ....

renogaw

Originally Posted by renogaw
what do you feed it? have you checked for stray voltage?
this post and the one after it

sepulatian

looks like tiny tiny freckles smaller than a pen mark.....
hes in a 30 gallon waiting for depart to bigger tank thats in slow process....
i got him when he was a baby he was extremely small just topping one inch he was such a cutie! (my lfs couldn't believe how small he was) he was with bigger tangs at the lfs i just didn't want him to get bullied and end up dying, so he came home with me.
he is about 6 months old in this tank ready for an upgrade and I never had a problem with his health i'm very attached to little mr.tangie... should i even stress about this or do they just get darker as they age ? i'll try to get a better picture of him in the morning...
If he has been in your 30 since he was very small then stress is an issue. What do you feed this fish? Renogaw asked you that,

renogaw

Originally Posted by sepulatian
If he has been in your 30 since he was very small then stress is an issue. What do you feed this fish? Renogaw asked you that,

well, no answers... hopefully everything is well.