You ain't gonna believe the hitchhiker I found this morn!!!

T

tizzo

I swear!! I don't know when he came in and I can't remember the last time I added any LR. I am so excited!!This is by far my coolest hitchhiker yet!!
The first pic is what I normally see when I look under my Efflo...
The second pic is what I saw this morning! About 5 minutes after the lights came on, he went down further into the rock which explains why I didn't see him before.
I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! :jumping:

bergamer

at first I that it was aiptasia, but I don't think you would be that excited, so I cant see it- what is it

T

tizzo

It's a flame scallop!!! I wouldn't have bought one cause I know the success rate, but since it's a hitch hiker I am very excited... I called everybody I know. Nobody really cares as much as me and my mom wants to eat it, she thinks it's a normal scallop, but I hope you guys see my joy!!

T

tizzo

Are you guys kidding me!!?? Now I gotta go try to get a better pic!!

T

tizzo

But seriously, I tried to go out and take a better pic, but he's to far down into the rocks right now... But I will!! It may not be tonight, it may not be tomarrow, but soon...real soon and WHEN I DO... Oh wait, got carried away. Hahahahaha

bang guy

The only problem I have with your ID is that Flame Scallops (actually File Clams) live only in turbid, high nutrient conditions and the plating Coral above it can only live in pristine, low nutrient water.
I will be amazed if that's what it is.
Keep in mind that I'm amazed by this hobby almost every day.

T

tizzo

I'm tellin' ya, all the wierd stuff happens in my tank!! Coral babies, flame scallops, and two different clowns that STILL get along...each with their own host!! Weird stuff!!
Here's two other pics. I will admit however that as much as it looks like a flame scallop, and as much as I want it to be, I still haven't seen it's shell. But I'm lookin!! Here's two more pics. Tell me what you think since I've only seen FS's in books!!

T

tizzo

Goin' for more pics!! This is fun...Till I find out it's some rare coral eating octopus that's gonna demolish my tank...LOL

T

tizzo

OK, I guess I'm about as steady as a dog poopin' an apple... but..
It's blurry, but IT'S SHELL!!!!! WOOHOO :jumping:

pyro

I was happy when I saw my bright green topped aiptasia that still hasn't multiplied. I'm thinking as soon as I actually get off my butt and get rid of it it'll start multiplying just to say screw you.
Looks awesome - let us know how it does!

prncalbrt

Hey I think its a cool hitch hiker, better than something that would secretly eat your fish one at a time....lol......I like passive things :D

sammiefish

now thats COOL!!
should you feed it? wow.... that great!!
are you sure someone didnt sneak that in your tank....

scotts

Originally Posted by Tizzo
OK, I guess I'm about as steady as a dog poopin' an apple... but..
It's blurry, but IT'S SHELL!!!!! WOOHOO :jumping:
:hilarious