You know you're addicted when.......

promisetbg

Originally Posted by Mine?
When you have a web cam setup pointed at the tank so you can check on your fish while you are at work.
Or worse..so people on the internet can watch your tank !

airforceb2

When you move everything in your living room, remount the surround sound speakers, and add extra outlets on a seperate circuit just so your tank can fit on a wall with no sunlight.
When you move everything around again because you can't see the tank from every seat in the living room.

jer4916

You know your a swf addict when you notice a white spot on your fish, and your whole weeked is ruined.
You know your an addict when you have no problem buying $500 worth of stuff for your tank without a thought,...but when buying something for the family you sit and try and do the book work on it.... (had that problem..haha)
you know your addicted when the people at work ask if you sell drugs, because you spend so much money on your tank...
lol
~chris

symon

LOL when you take on a second job just to upgrade your equipment!
Which in essance means you spend less time with the wife and kids , won't schedual a vacation because you want to spend that week setting up your new stuff!
Hey can i find a 3rd job!

bullitr

sw65galma
300Gal Inwall Join Date: Jul 2004
When you have over 1500 posts on a saltwater fish forums...just talking about tanks...
When your email has something to do with saltwater fish...
When you have 7 tanks...
When you spend as much on electricity for the tanks as your whole house.
When you take in fish that can no longer be cared for by thier current owners.
When your fish get filtered water and you drink tap.
When you actually have a operating expense budget for your tanks.
When you aquascape your tank tons of times to get it JUST RIGHT
When everyone at work asks you hows the tank and not your family.
When you are up at midnight posting on a sw forum when you know you are addicted.
And personal to me:
Design your house around tanks
When you drive 1,500 Miles to pick up a tank..
Drive through 2 of the largest Hurricanes in Floridia to get it. One was charlie.
hmmmm... i'm sorry to say this... i know exactly what you mean.....

sw65galma

Originally Posted by bullitr
hmmmm... i'm sorry to say this... i know exactly what you mean.....

Ohhh doo tell..

diane4

When you go buy fresh fish at the grocery store and buy small portions 1/4 to 1/2 lb of several kinds of fish. Explain to the clerk why you are buying fish this way. Get chatting about fish tanks and he offers to sell you his tank he wants to get rid of. A 50 gallon tank and stand for $50.00. I will use that as my QT tank since my QT wound up turning into a reef tank. That will make tank #8
When you buy fish equipment before you pay all your bills. eeeeks

mitzel

when your wife sneeks in the room trying to catch you surfing on line for ---- and she is disgusted to find out your talking about fish again.

mitzel

your late picking up your wife from work because your reading posts about fish.
You have to reply one last time before you go get your wife . Because late is late but talking fish is talking fish. PRIORITIES MAN

mitzel

Your wife says she wants a devorice and she's taking the kids.
Your first thought is good more room for tanks .
then you realize the only kids you have are the finned kind.