You should rename "The Aquarium" forum to Fox and Friends

reefraff

Maybe if more people did walk around with a gun on their hip there would be less crime.
How many of you have ever seen someone walking down the street with a holstered weapon in plain sight? I've lived in Arizona, Montana and visited Wyoming and norther Idaho MANY times. It doesn't get more wild west than that and I've never seen anyone wearing a holstered weapon in the open, Not one.

darthtang aw

Maybe if more people did walk around with a gun on their hip there would be less crime.

How many of you have ever seen someone walking down the street with a holstered weapon in plain sight? I've lived in Arizona, Montana and visited Wyoming and norther Idaho MANY times. It doesn't get more wild west than that and I've never seen anyone wearing a holstered weapon in the open, Not one.
I have a friend...disabled vet...he open carries everywhere. has a modified gun safe in his truck for storage in establishments where guns are not allowed.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends#post_3427745
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to J. Cartwright, 1824.
He quotes politicians who've been dead over 200 years. I wonder what Jefferson and Washington would think about gun ownership now, living in the world we do now. Things back then were WAY MORE different than they are today.

mantisman51

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/19/clerk-kills-would-be-robber-who-grabbed-daughter/?test=latestnews
Oh my, this can't be. A gun used to save two lives.

mantisman51

I guess she should have been unarmed to make sure only she and her daughter were victims? I mean, come on man, she endangered the public in a Wild West shootout. How irresponsible.

reefraff

Had that been a corporate owned store the clerk would be fired.
I worked a job at a circle K once where they had a strict no gun policy. The trainer had a newspaper article that recounted an incident at that very store. A guy come in and robbed the store. The store had floor to ceiling windows in front so it was easy to see the guy leaving. The clerk grabbed his trusty Winchester from behind the counter and started shooting at the guy as he was walking out of the store. He hit him in the leg and the police were able to follow the blood track and catch the guy shortly after. The story made the clerk out to be a hero BUT the article didn't mention "the rest of the story". The clerk was caned for violating the no gun policy. The robber got away with just over 100.00. When the clerk opened up on him he shot out in 1979 dollars 3600.00 in glass in the front of the store.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisman51 http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends/20#post_3427770
I guess she should have been unarmed to make sure only she and her daughter were victims? I mean, come on man, she endangered the public in a Wild West shootout. How irresponsible.
You know you're a redeneck when you take your 1 and 2 year old kid to work with you at a 24-hour quick shop. Didn't say whether the guy had a weapon or not. Wonder what the cops would say if an innocent patron would've been walking in around the time she started shooting at the guy as he was going out the doo,r and got nailed by one of those flying bullets. Don't tell me, collateral damage.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/388581/you-should-rename-the-aquarium-forum-to-fox-and-friends/20#post_3427791
You know you're a redeneck when you take your 1 and 2 year old kid to work with you at a 24-hour quick shop. Didn't say whether the guy had a weapon or not. Wonder what the cops would say if an innocent patron would've been walking in around the time she started shooting at the guy as he was going out the doo,r and got nailed by one of those flying bullets. Don't tell me, collateral damage.
Yeah but the redneck is out earning a living no matter what it takes while the big city liberal would be home sitting on her fat but collecting welfare.
Does it matter if the guy who took her kid was armed? He took her kid, she stopped him.

bang guy

IIRC the perpetrator of a felony crime (kidnapping) will be charged with the injury or death occuring during the commission of the crime regardless of who physically caused the injury or death.