You want the truth? (oil related topic)

seasalt101

that is why i live here in texas now i did not even mention the fact that the state made me get rid of all 17 of my legally owned and registered guns this is one of many reasons i am not a democrat...tobin

nvmycj

I see that my hogwash comment was misunderstood.
The excuse the oil companies use (no supply, higher demand, therefore higher pricing) for causing such high prices, is hogwash. Their "no supply" was and is a lie.
The comment of not needing gas on Tuesday, and needing more on Wednesday is true. However, you'll need a lot less to fill up on Wednesday if you've got a Camry!
I see no purpose of owning a Hummer or Suburban or Chevy dually (sp?) or any other gas guzzler if you're single, unless you got a farm or use it as a utility vehicle for a job or employment of some kind. We've developed a society of "show and tell" in which the car you drive deems your class of society. Who gives a crud what sort of vehicle I drive? If it saves me money.....
!!! The less gas I need and use, the less they'll have to produce.
If you wanna save money on gas, buy a smaller, more economical car, with a 12-15 gallon gas tank.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by seasalt101
that is why i live here in texas now i did not even mention the fact that the state made me get rid of all 17 of my legally owned and registered guns this is one of many reasons i am not a democrat...tobin
That makes my blood boil. There is a disconnect logically of such people.

seasalt101

you should have been on my end of it i was beyond p!$$3d but i'm lovin it in texas and now my former boss is moving out here from cali too he's sick of the crap too another thing about what is wrong with america i know different thread is what happens in cali slowly creeps across the country like a death angel of freedom into all other states like they are some shining example of the way things are to be 10 years ago a smoking ban started in california no smoking in bars, restauraunts public places (arenas and such, the cigarettes smoke is harmful to everyone's health, but they will blow off 100000 dollars in fireworks in the same building figure that one out) but here in texas now you can't smoke in a restaurant till after 10:00 p.m. so the angel of california freedom death is hear now look out other freedoms will fall shortly...tobin

stdreb27

Originally Posted by NVMYCJ
I see that my hogwash comment was misunderstood.
The excuse the oil companies use (no supply, higher demand, therefore higher pricing) for causing such high prices, is hogwash. Their "no supply" was and is a lie.
The comment of not needing gas on Tuesday, and needing more on Wednesday is true. However, you'll need a lot less to fill up on Wednesday if you've got a Camry!
I see no purpose of owning a Hummer or Suburban or Chevy dually (sp?) or any other gas guzzler if you're single, unless you got a farm or use it as a utility vehicle for a job or employment of some kind. We've developed a society of "show and tell" in which the car you drive deems your class of society. Who gives a crud what sort of vehicle I drive? If it saves me money.....
!!! The less gas I need and use, the less they'll have to produce.
If you wanna save money on gas, buy a smaller, more economical car, with a 12-15 gallon gas tank.
It is a choice, personally I drive a honda. I get 35 mpg. I have a job 2 miles from my house. I fill up once a month, maybe.
But it goes back supply and demand, people are worried that they won't be able to get oil from the middle east. So the price goes up, hurricanes knock off major refineries, so the price goes up. The oil companies have to make hundreds of different blends for the summer. The price goes up. We can't drill off the coast of anywear. We can't build refineries here. If we really and truely wanted the price of oil to fall. Let me drill and build those refineries. Then prices will go back down.
Until they figure out some other way to make our world turn besides oil.

stdreb27

you should have been on my end of it i was beyond p!$$3d but i'm lovin it in texas and now my former boss is moving out here from cali too he's sick of the crap too another thing about what is wrong with america i know different thread is what happens in cali slowly creeps across the country like a death angel of freedom into all other states like they are some shining example of the way things are to be 10 years ago a smoking ban started in california no smoking in bars, restauraunts public places (arenas and such, the cigarettes smoke is harmful to everyone's health, but they will blow off 100000 dollars in fireworks in the same building figure that one out) but here in texas now you can't smoke in a restaurant till after 10:00 p.m. so the angel of california freedom death is hear now look out other freedoms will fall shortly...tobin
Yeah, but look at cali, it is sexy, but it really doesn't work. And people are hopefully smart enough to figure it out.

seasalt101

those liberal dead heads are so brain washed they can't think for themselves the place has been so liberal for so long that they can't control their economy they are the state pushing up fuel cost because of the states special needs the diesal thing as of late all the big trucks had to redesign their engines to meet california's strict standard so new semi's went up 10 grand at the base price, charles manson is still alive there why, there are other things that irk me bad about that state toodianne feinstein wants to take guns away from the people she carries one though i could go on but i am already and have been off topic for a bit now sorry...tobin

jmj6239

dont forget about the auto makers, sure they've made improvements but I'm still upset that when I upgraded from my 97 S-10 to a 02 s-10, I lost atleast 10 mpg. you look old in popular mechanics the technology is there to triple milage the just fail to use it saying the cost out ways the bennefit.

nvmycj

Smoking in restaurants is a whole new thread......this one is hot enough as it is!!!

stdreb27

But it has to do with the same concept the govt butting there head into somewear they don't belong. Let the restarants decide if someone can smoke or not in their establishments.
Let detroit decide on how fuel efficient to make car. Sooner or later they will figure out that they need to loose their union labor, spend that wasted money on R&D then produce quality fuel efficient cars like toyota, and honda have been doing for the past 30 years. But with all these govt regs and right to work states and there general stupidity the big 3 or 2 depending on how you look at it. Let the markets decide, clearly Toyota is building a superior product, and GM and Ford are loosing big time to the japanese. But you know what is funny and what is keeping ford afloat, the friggen F-series pickups. We whine moan and complain about oh the gas prices oh the fuel guzzling cars. But we still don't go buy fuel efficient domestic cars. go figure.

seasalt101

everybody bashes bush about the cost of oil, how this thing with iraq is all about oil, if everyone remembers right bush tried to open up alaska and was shot down 3 times for his trouble by the democrats, now watch if a democrat wins the next election that will probably be there fix of the oil crunch i would not put it past them...tobin

stdreb27

I'd rather drill ours sell it make our money, before it becomes obsolete.
Here is a thought, say even if we do produce say a mechanism that produces alot of power without alot of fuel, it is clean and efficient, powerful. Who is to say that it will be safe? You know with some tinkering turn it into a bomb or something. What was that movie with morgan freeman and that hydrogen self sustaining system that they had built? I dunno.
Do you know what I think is odd, over the past century, we have seen a huge explosion of technology, but cars have stayed the same. No flying cars, (although knowing most drivers this is good) Or any major innovation in the past 100 years. I just hope I'm around to see a car that can fly. And does run on trash like in back to the future. Although not ethanol poor latin americans starving cause the corn to make tortillas is now too expensive.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by jmj6239
dont forget about the auto makers, sure they've made improvements but I'm still upset that when I upgraded from my 97 S-10 to a 02 s-10, I lost atleast 10 mpg. you look old in popular mechanics the technology is there to triple milage the just fail to use it saying the cost out ways the bennefit.
But you bought it. You know honda, toyota, make some small pickups that are pretty good.