You want the truth? (oil related topic)

darthtang aw

Just to help prove the supply and demand arguement presented here is a list of prices from around the worl changed to U.S. dollars.
Oslo, Norway - $6.82 a gallon for unleaded regular, in US dollars
London,UK $5.96
Rome , Italy $5.80
Brussels, Belgium $6.16
Hong Kong $6.25
Tokyo, Japan $5.25
Sao Paulo , Brazil $4.42
Buenos Aires , Argentina $2.09
Mexico City $2.22
Sidney , Australia $3.42
Johannesburg , South Africa $3.39
New Delhi , India $3.71
Here's the kicker!
Caracas $0.12!!!
Kuwait $0.78!!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia $0.91!!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
Just to help prove the supply and demand arguement presented here is a list of prices from around the worl changed to U.S. dollars.
Oslo, Norway - $6.82 a gallon for unleaded regular, in US dollars
London,UK $5.96
Rome , Italy $5.80
Brussels, Belgium $6.16
Hong Kong $6.25
Tokyo, Japan $5.25
Sao Paulo , Brazil $4.42
Buenos Aires , Argentina $2.09
Mexico City $2.22
Sidney , Australia $3.42
Johannesburg , South Africa $3.39
New Delhi , India $3.71
Here's the kicker!
Caracas $0.12!!!
Kuwait $0.78!!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia $0.91!!
Not to blow a hole into my argument, but that includes taxes. Which EU countries charge upwards of 3 to 5 dollars a gallon in taxes. And I'm pretty sure those middle eastern countries subsidise those prices.

reckler

The real reson you pay so much for gas and even groceries, is because the government need an excape goat. meaning they use oil and food because it is a nessesity so they know you will buy it. This is the money going to make the polotitions pockets fat in washington. then you have the war, IMO, has dragged out for way too long. So there is another reason for them to jack up the cost of oil and food. We have the resources but the general public is lied to about the quanities of them to make you think we are running out. Say for instence if the electric car were to prosper more than a gar car. well don't you think they would come up with a reson to raise the price of electricity to ungodly prices. I have a friend that invented a carburator that gets up to 100 miles per gallon. when he submitted his pattend, the government told him no and not to tell anyone about it or he would go to prison. that is because they would lose alot of money on selling oil.
This is my opinion on the subject. that is why I am a strong believer in trusting nobody, especially washington!!!!

seasalt101

i am not sure if i stated this on this thread but oil is a renewable resource, it is created geothermally by temperature mixing with underground gases and pressure, now it does take awhile but not no billions of years more like a decade or 2 this is why some wells are capped then opened back up a few years later...tobin

stdreb27

Originally Posted by reckler
The real reson you pay so much for gas and even groceries, is because the government need an excape goat. meaning they use oil and food because it is a nessesity so they know you will buy it. This is the money going to make the polotitions pockets fat in washington. then you have the war, IMO, has dragged out for way too long. So there is another reason for them to jack up the cost of oil and food. We have the resources but the general public is lied to about the quanities of them to make you think we are running out. Say for instence if the electric car were to prosper more than a gar car. well don't you think they would come up with a reson to raise the price of electricity to ungodly prices. I have a friend that invented a carburator that gets up to 100 miles per gallon. when he submitted his pattend, the government told him no and not to tell anyone about it or he would go to prison. that is because they would lose alot of money on selling oil.
This is my opinion on the subject. that is why I am a strong believer in trusting nobody, especially washington!!!!
I'd love to see this carb.

stdreb27

I have a question about that carb, according to one of those articles, the thing that made those carbs better what that they better regulated the fuel into the motor. It didn't slosh around and was better mixed with air. So it was more efficient. But what is the difference in that and the efficiency of a fuel injected system? I'm not attacking it at all. I'm just wondering.

jovial

Originally Posted by stdreb27
I have a question about that carb, according to one of those articles, the thing that made those carbs better what that they better regulated the fuel into the motor. It didn't slosh around and was better mixed with air. So it was more efficient. But what is the difference in that and the efficiency of a fuel injected system? I'm not attacking it at all. I'm just wondering.

Without getting too deep, similar carbs to these didnt use float bowls.
In a carb a variable venturi has a lot to do with efficeincy, (the predator carb) most of older barrel type carbs (Holly, Rochester, Carter etc...) used a fixed venturi and a variable air metering device i.e butterfly valve, the fuel flow was controlled by fuel metering rods (called jets) and the ammount of vacum that the engine was drawing. For example under hard exceleration the engine would literally suck more fuel through a fixed orfice. When changes in air density occured (altitude for example) it would cause a richening (too much fuel) or leaning out effect because the fuel control remained constant.
Fuel injection especially modern EFI changed all of this, its like the engine is connected to a vitals machine monitoring all of its reactions and making split second changes to allow for optimum efficiency and power. Its all based on programmed information contained in the EFI control unit or brain box, if you want to know more, Id be glad to explain how fuel mapping works, closed or open loop operation, pulse width etc... I love this stuff.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Jovial
Without getting too deep, similar carbs to these didnt use float bowls.
In a carb a variable venturi has a lot to do with efficeincy, (the predator carb) most of older barrel type carbs (Holly, Rochester, Carter etc...) used a fixed venturi and a variable air metering device i.e butterfly valve, the fuel flow was controlled by fuel metering rods (called jets) and the ammount of vacum that the engine was drawing. For example under hard exceleration the engine would literally suck more fuel through a fixed orfice. When changes in air density occured (altitude for example) it would cause a richening (too much fuel) or leaning out effect because the fuel control remained constant.
Fuel injection especially modern EFI changed all of this, its like the engine is connected to a vitals machine monitoring all of its reactions and making split second changes to allow for optimum efficiency and power. Its all based on programmed information contained in the EFI control unit or brain box, if you want to know more, Id be glad to explain how fuel mapping works, closed or open loop operation, pulse width etc... I love this stuff.
I have a general understanding of a carb, I figured it would use a float bowl since it would eliminate the sloshing of the gas. But wasn't really sure, I've love to rebuild one to see how it works, I have a much better understanding of fuel injection. And these wonder carbs, still don't seem as effective as a EFI systems, or shoot a spider system like they used on all the gm motors.