You'll never believe what happened to me last night..

aelene

Hi, my name is Oscar and as you can probably tell, I'm a lawnmower blenny.
I had a hell of a night last night and just wanted to share my experience with you all.
Lets start from the beginning. This summer I was a happy care free guy living in new 40g reef tank. I was doing just fine until September, when my dumb owner added two new clownfish without quarantining them. Well you know how that goes. Next thing I know they get sick and I'm thrown into a 26g tank with those two fools for hyposalinity. I didn't even DO anything! Geeze.
Well, that was a month ago. Since then I've been living with those two dealing with their shananigans. So, last night our owner goes to the pet store and gets a new aerator for our tank, a freaking finding nemo decoration I mean come on! I don't want that thing in my tank... I guess my owner's boyfriend likes it or something.. whatever.
So she comes home and starts messing with our tank, moving this... moving that... god why can't she just leave us alone! Next thing I know she moves my FAVORITE hiding place (the old aerator) and starts to take it out of the tank! Who does she think she is!?! WELL, I showed her darnit... I HID in it! HA!
Well come to find out, I guess I didn't think through the "hiding" thing because next thing I know I'm out of tank and sitting on a towel on the carpet. Apparently she had no idea I was there because she just went off to the living room to work on her resume when she was done.
Luckily, god was looking out for me (and her) because I stayed outside of the tank in that aerator for over AN HOUR before she came back to check on us. Apparently she realized something was wrong because she started to panic when she didn't see me in the tank. (I'm her favorite you know) She looked around everywhere and I thought she was about to give up when finally she looked down at the old aerator and freaked out. She must have realized that I had to be in there. She picked up the aerator and quickly put it back in the tank, but god she must have thought I was dead or something because she kept shaking the darn thing! I mean it's not as if it wasn't a stressful enough experience for me! Women...
She finally stopped shaking the aerator, I think she was really upset because she just put it down on the sand and sat down in a chair... she looked really upset. I poked my head out to see what was going on, I think I almost gave her a heart attack!
Well, long story short last night shook me up pretty bad... but it's all good now I guess. I'm back in the quarantine tank and I got a nice breakfast this morning. Hopefully I'll be back in my reef tank soon.
Till the next time,
Oscar

T

tizzo

That was better than the "Black Beauty" story!!
Poor, poor oscar.

mudplayerx

Hehe that was good.
I have a similar story. I was cleaning one of my freshwater tanks and I had all my fish in a shallow tupperware bowl on the floor. While I was out of the room my dog plucked each and every fish, one by one, out of the bowl and spit it onto the carpet. LOL
Luckily not one died.

misty7850

Yup.. love the story told from the fishes prospective.. well done.. I applaud Oscar..... I'm glad there was a happy ending..

aelene

Hey guys, thanks for all of your responses. That pic of Oscar is from the morning after the "incident" and he seems to be doing really well since.
I was so upset that night... I thought I had killed him. Even when I realized he was still alive I was afraid he wasn't going to make it. He's definitely one of my favorite little buddies... I would have been devestated if he hadn't of made it. I thank the big guy in the sky for watching out for us.
I'm still really not sure how he survived... I guess he's one lucky fish!!!

farmboy

Originally Posted by Aelene
Hey guys, thanks for all of your responses. That pic of Oscar is from the morning after the "incident" and he seems to be doing really well since.
I was so upset that night... I thought I had killed him. Even when I realized he was still alive I was afraid he wasn't going to make it. He's definitely one of my favorite little buddies... I would have been devestated if he hadn't of made it. I thank the big guy in the sky for watching out for us.
I'm still really not sure how he survived... I guess he's one lucky fish!!!

Hey! Does Oscar know you're using his login?

mitzel

I think you should sell the movie rights to paramount so we can see it on the big screen ***) ***) ***)